Test of Android version 1.5.x
  • 61 Comments sorted by
  • Always GA? I have GA disabled as I don't want Google using all kind of personal data.
    EDIT: Shouldn't there be an new thread "test of android version 1.6.x"?

• 1.6.3 crash on my device with disabled GA on GoogleAnalytics.getInstance(Context)... I didnt test it with enabled GA.
    Thread creation is on @mdx
  • "Thread creation is on @mdx"
    Oh, I see. A clear segregation of duties. :)
  • Hey, actually it was me who started the "Test of Android version xxx" series ;)
    But I am glad mdx took over.
  • On my Nexus 7 (2013) with deactivated GA there is no crash with 1.6.3. Didn't try it with activated GA.
  • A workaround if 1.6.3 crashes on you and 1.6.2 worked.

• In   file manager rename the folder "com.mapfactor.navigator" inside "/Android/data" to "com.mapfactor.navigator.org"
    • Uninstall MapFactor without removing the data
    • Install 1.6.2 again and start it. It requires you to download initial data and one additional map
    • When done close MNF. Copy/Move your favorites/routing.xmls and your maps from the org folder to the new folder and restart.
    Edit: This is only a workaround if you don't want to download (a lot) of maps again.
  • @mdx or @lubos or @tomas: Can you just write a oneliner when a new version is available?
    More info is of course welcome (what has changed between 1.5.22 and the 1.6.x version?)
    -updated translations
    -TTS british/american english
    -TTS exit names
    -current journey time in infopanel
    -reset to default updated
  • temporarily relinked back to 1.6.2 until this issue is sorted - thanks for the report
  • @chattiewoman - yes, please feel free to start new thread, or lubos or hvdwolf ... (now I see my mistake that 1.6.x build is already public)
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged