Rendering speed on full-HD display
  • Recently, I have changed from a Motorola Defy+ with a 854x480 resolution to a Samsung Galaxy S4 active with a 1920x1080 resolution. I never had a rendering problem on the Defy, even in the city of Paris. Now, on the S4 it happens that after some pinch-zoom actions, the display animation lags strongly behind. Thats means even if I don't touch the screen anymore, the map is still zooming and moving around for a coupled of seconds. Meanwhile, the program doesn't react to any further input and I have to wait till the end of the animation. This happens in areas of less density as well. I have checked with a CPU-usage monitor and it turns out that only a single-core operates with 100% load. Is there any hope for a multicore-support in the future? Fortunately, the navigation itself works seems to work as usual.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • I can also report this behavior with my Galaxy s4 s600, after moving the map or zooming in/out a couple of seconds, the phone doesn't respond anymore between 10 to 25 seconds, the map moving by itself (sometimes pixel by pixel) during this period.
  • thanks guys, this is known to us and we will work on fix
  • Hi, have updated to the new version of Mapfactor (09/17/2013), and just wanted to let you know that the problem still exists. Anyway, thanks for all the other bugfixes.
  • yes, thi is a long term project, it will take a few months
  • :push:
    are there any new progress?

• yes, some fixes in the next version, full new engine not yet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion