Bug: No route found - then crash
  • A few times now, Navigator Free has recalculated the route, stated "no route found" (or similar words), even though, I am only one or two streets away from where I was and the streets are all shown. There does not seem to be any logical reason for not finding a route back to the route that was working seconds before.

But about half the time when this happens, the app just closes.

Navigator Free on Android Nexus 7.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • could it be that GPS jumps somewhere to far from any routable link? You could send logs to support.
  • No, the GPS is showing my position in the right place. Navigator just seems to be not finding a route for some reason. Will note the time next time and find the log.
  • MF free on Samsung Galaxy SII

I have a similar problem in OSM range 
    The trunk link Winterbach from B29 driving direction east enters in Fabrikstrasse which was classified as a residential road with no exit, although it leads to a roundabout (south-east of exit). I changed this yesterday, i.e. the actual OSM map is now different from the MF OSM map.
    MF didn't recognize the exit and after I used it nevertheless MF said 'no route' and terminated. In German OSM forum I was told that the classification residential road plus noexit may be the reason for the fact that MF doesn't recognize such an exit as an exit. This is acceptable, but a termination should not occur in such cases.
    Greetings
  • I am not sure if by "termination" you mean that the program exited, or navigation stopped working? Do you use 1.0.0 or some older version? Can you repeat the problem in simulation?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged