Android Features Voting
  • 84 Comments sorted by
  • Hello! Navigator (Android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:    
    Route calculation custom algorithm rules:
    - prefer right turn over left turn
    - prefer less turns road/partial track calculation
    - prefer route through less amount of countries (looks like this works fine now and I love it)

Explanation:
    Route optimizations, less turns if possible. Sometimes there is like 200 m - 400 m longer route going straight with right turn to major road (going under the bridge), but route is calculated using minor roads going parallel to the major road and jumping into the major road using left turn on some minor crossroad. Anyway right turns are easier to perform and sometimes left turns are not possible at all so that is why I put this request for optimization rule.
  • Hello! Navigator (Android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:      
    Automatic track shadow / record track feature when using navigation / live position mode.

Explanation:
    There is such functionality, but has to be manually enabled prior to navigation.
  • Please add support of associatedStreet relation for the OSM. Current version of the application 1.0.35 does not show numbers of the buildings which are part of this relation (Please see link and compare it with app. It is Piatnytska street, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
  • [SEARCH]

Please add option to search street using native street name. For example if app language is English and I'm searching for:
    - Country = Україна (cannot find)
    - Town = Київ
    - Street = Мельникова (cannot find)

If app language is Russian, search works as expected.

Also please make search more tolerant to special symbols like <space>, ', ", ~, etc (non char symbols)

• North always up when navigating.
  • Option to "hide" certain countries from the searchlist
    I have all european countries downloaded, and live close to 4 countries and regularly drive to 3 of them. Now that I downloaded whole Europa it slows down searching via navigating (not searching), and need to look them up via entering at least some letters. So I propose either to be able to hide some countries by default, but they still get listed when you look for them via entering letters, and/or favourites (maybe in a defined row, or alphabetical ascending as well), which are always on top of the alphabetical ascending list.
  • Please support for android 2.2. I have a 10 inch chinese tab with GPS. No chance that it will get an update to android 2.3. With support for android 2.2 I would have an 10 inch navigation system  :-)

not possible, sorry - 2.2 does not support API we need
  • maps -> sd-Ext
    at the moment only sdcard, internal or only sdcard, is available.
    if you have an internal sdcard (e.g. razr 4gb) and an external sdcar (32gb) i found no way to copy the map data to the bigger sdcard.
    image  Implemented to 0.10.40+
  • I want to know if is there any way to show the traveled distance, as distance to destination. Is this feature aviable? could you add it please?
    thanks.
  • yes there is that feature on the navigator, it is on the right side of your display, just press one and the choose which info would you like
  • Thaks, but, i don't get wich one is it. I don't speak engles so good some times.
  • I did this: set up a destination, start navigate with actual gps position and tryied every option in that buttons and anyone refered to distance marked same distance to destination. I didn't find any option that shows 0km since i am in the start point.
    Any help? I am using map factor navigator free in android 2.3
  • this feature is not available, sorry
    but not such a bad idea, may be we will add it
  • I hope so, to me it would be very usefull.
  • HI.

I have read (somewhere) that openstreetmap could be used in garmin navigators. MAPEAR (http://www.proyectomapear.com.ar/) appears to have the best maps for argentina and makes maps to use in garmin too. Also makes a version to navitel navigator for android. I wanted to ask, if there is any posibility to use those maps with mapfactor. For now i know i can pay tomtom's maps and use it in mapfactor.

I really don't know nothing about maps or navigators, but, for now, i know mapfactor can use two different map provider. Could be three?
  • the answer is yes, but Mapear would have to provide maps in raw format - I have no idea if they would be willing to do that and under what conditions
  • OK, i am going to try to talk to them. I will answer then. Thanks.
  • For now, they say they are interested in having their maps on an android platform.
  • someone from this mapping company must contact us and we can take it from there
  • I use mapfactor on my bluetooth connected smartphone. During navigation i also listen to music or audio books. The music is interrupted by navigation commands which are too loud. Please make the volume adjustable.
  • I use mapfactor on my bluetooth connected smartphone. When i listen to the radio during navigation i can't hear the navigation commands since the "Bluetooth Aux" is not active. In that case it shoul be possible to output the navigation command by the built in speaker of the smartphone. Switching off bluetooth is not option since the telephone functionality over the bluetooth handsfree kit is needed. Please add an option to select the output device - bluetooth or built in speaker.
  • I have seen that my feature voting was in an own new discussion. So i will post it here again.
    And i will add a sample how i think it is the best way to implement the LEZ to the navigator:

- See Augsburg LEZ: I think here you will go into trouble because it is difficult to decide iss the road included or excluded in the LEZ.

- See Mannheim LEZ : Here are added the relation for the LEZ to all roads are included in the LEZ

Which variant is easier to implement in the Navigator App?

RudiXXL

Hi Mapfactor,

it would be very grate if you will be able to add the LEZ to car customizing. For Germany i prefer to add my car classification green, yellow or red. May be we have to add the coloures as a tag. I will take over the beta testing in Augsburg.

THX
    RudiXXL
  • Is it possible to safe the parking position automatically when the phone is plugged out of the car docking? Maybe with date and time in "MyPlaces"? And may be a option to close the navigator when unplugged?

I have seen the Idea here and it is marked as solved. But i understood this in that way that the button "Save my GPS Position" has to pushed in the my Places manually. See:
    http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/comment/1126#Comment_1126

:-) Rudi
  • you can click on any of the three info panels and select what you want to see
    regards
    Tomas
  • to implement streetname sound is not possible with human voice, text to speech will be implemeted in the future.
    lane assistant is included, but lane assistant information in free maps is very scarce
    http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/comment/2784#Comment_2784
  • Hello! Navigator (android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:
    Custom Screen Shutdown / Dimming options, specially for car driving on battery or power hungry smartphones.

Explanation:
    Right now there is possibility to prevent screen from dimming and force it to display map/navi all the time. I suggest to make another options to have this:
    a) as now full time display without dimming
    b) automatic screen shut down after desired custom time with automatic wake up when navigation event occur (go stright, right, left, radar alert, speed camera alert etc.)
    c) automatic light dimming to desired screen level with wake up as b) - this option will not shut down the screen completely

• Hello! Navigator (Android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:
    Please provide more color schemes or options to change those map colors. Or instruction how to build my own.

Explanation:
    Default color scheme looks ugly, the best one imo is Great Britain, but there is no replacement for night mode scheme.

• Hello! Navigator (Android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:
    Quick Navigate from Favorites menu.

Explanation:
    I would like to have an option to use Quick Navigate To.... <place> from this menu. This would clear current track and targets.

Feature request:
    Second info bar with 3 configurable indicators.

Extra feature request: And maybe some more indicators if possible (compass direction, average speed, speed camera / speed radar distance, poi near current road (fuel, parking, etc if defined).

Explanation:
    Right now this bar has only 3 elements.. I would love to see 6 of them (two bars). Default setting proposition:
    left upper... time to target, distance to target, GPS position
    left lower... time to finish, distance to finish, Speed

Feature request: 
    Favorites categories and custom sorting/entry placement.

Explanation:
    I would like to set my list order as desired. Right now it always comes back to default entry order.

Feature request:   
    Better map look & feel - different road priorities seen from different zoom levels with different colors and width.

Explanation:

Feature request:     
    Custom hud/dash elements placement, at least possibility to move the turn arrows up the screen and the same with navi/route/preview button.

Explanation:
    On vertical mode those elements covers the map near the navigation arrow.
  • Hello!
    Navigator (Android version) is great, but I have a possible improvement
    which makes it even better! Keep up the good work! I love it!

Feature request:
    I believe that reversing the order in the presentation of the spoken turning directions and the distance to go until the
    next turn would be much more intuitive.

Explanation:
    e.g. I
    believe that having the app say "In 500 metres, turn right" instead of
    "Turn right...in 500 metres" would be an effective step away from a
    potentially confusingly ambiguous presentation of information. The
    existing system has caused panicked braking upon hearing the 'turn'
    directive - believing I had to turn earlier than I really did - before
    realising it was being followed by a distance parameter.

Thank you again for an excellently useful piece of free software.

• I have been using Sygic, however the inability to turn off u-turns when a turn is missed severely undermines the usefulness of having a SatNav in the first place. Very happy to see the enable/disable u-turn functionality in Mapfactor.

Feature Request:
    I'd like to see an expansion of the Vehicle Profiles feature to include vehicle range.

Explanation:
    On longer trips, especially those to more remote destinations it would be extremely useful to be able to set range criteria for your vehicle. Being able to set a warning and critical level range would enable better planning for fuel stops. This would be accompanied by a "Vehicle Full" quick action so you can easily reset the range calculations. This feature could be further enhanced by automatically searching for Petrol/Service station POI's along the route in the vicinity of your warning/critical level ranges. 
  • I tried this app yesterday. The application is super, the best of those that I have used before, but there are a few shortcomings.

Feature Request:
    Please add the ability to disable the steps

Explanation:
    In the bicycle mode, you can not turn off the steps. In Russia we can ride anywere but steps is 
    obstruction

• Calculating a route without navigating don't shows the estimate time of arrival.
    Please implement it.

image  Fixed to 0.10.40+

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion