Android FAQ
  • 147 Comments sorted by
  • refresh rate is the same as your GPS, i.e. once per second
    we are working on smoother redraw, please be patient
  • Every time I close the application, my phone sound profile is changed from vibrate only to sound. Is there a way to change this behavior? It only occurs when closing the application. While it is running everything works correctly.
  • When will be add Brazilian Portuguese voice?
  • Hello, i have a radar list in csv or gpx, how can I put this list in map factor android navigator ?

Thank you
  • please use this PC import tools
    download.mapfactor.com/digger_12.zip
    once imported, copy .mca files to your device, folder  android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data
  • From Android main screen starting Navigator (MapFactor) v2-0-33-master we see...
    First page: Free or purchase split screen
    Purchase screen works ok but choose Free
    Second page: If you notice errors or missing data --- update the maps at www.openstreetmap.org
    press OK
    white blank screen for approximately 11 secs
    line moves to left and app reverts back to Android main screen menu
    Revert app to v2.0.27-DEVELOP and also v.1.2-509230
    Same crash on startup with all above versions.
    Rename folders with Navigator associated files on SD card to give a fresh clean start and in case any file is corrupted - still get same crash on startup.
    Note new folder structure has been recreated on both internal and external SD crads. 
    No sign of /sdcard/navigator/log folder. We have /storage/sdcard0/navigator/temp/*.mpfctmp(6 files) and /storage/extSdCard/navigator/temp/*.mpfctmp(4 files). Subfolder /storage/"memory-card"/navigator/temp/4.1.2 on both sdcard0 and extSdCard is an empty folder.
    This app had been working fine for months on this Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
  • close Navigator and delete data in Android settings/application manager/Navigator - then reboot your phone.

Please take backup first, otherwise you could loose your favourites...
  • The app was uninstalled so we re-installed it, started it, stopped it, deleted data and rebooted as above. Still approx 11 secs then crash. Repeating the sequence gives same crash. Big puzzle.
    GPS off or GPS on but unlocked makes no difference; in any case I used to run it up successfully with GPS off to insert postcodes into favourites whilst indoors.
  • could be faulty SD?
    please send logs (settings) and type description
  • Thx for reply. ref "faulty SD?"
    The other 60 apps are working including stand-in Navmii.
    As a test I stopped then moved Navigator to internal device storage from ext SD card and still the 11 secs white screen before abort/reset/crash.
    Curiously if one first renames both (card)/navigator folders it still builds new directory structure (card)/navigator/temp on both expected internal and unexpected external memory.

ref "please send logs (settings) and type description"
    I looked at other messages (eg with AnatDeu) to find the log to send and where to send it. 
    "if you have Android version, you can use Send logs in Navigator settings"
    "and where should I send them to ?"
    "from settings click Send logs, it will insert email address"
    Problem is we see no log file under the twin Navigator folders and as the app is no longer starting its main menu we cannot see Navigator settings.
  • sorry, I do not understand - if you click Send logs, then logs should get attached to your email automatically
  • We don't get as far in the Navigator start up process to see Navigator settings so have no 'Send logs' item to click. We see 'update the maps at www.openstreetmap.org' page, press OK, see white blank screen for 11 seconds then application crashes back to where we were before starting Navigator.
  • close Navigator and delete data in Android settings/application manager/Navigator - then reboot your phone.

Please take backup first, otherwise you could loose your favourites...
  • Ref: "close Navigator (Force stop) and delete data (Clear data) in Android settings/application manager/Navigator - then reboot your phone"
    Did above once more, reached "if you notice errors ... update the maps at www.openstreetmap.org" popup and pressed ok. Still approx 11 secs of pure white blank screen then Navigator crashes/aborts. Repeating the sequence gives same crash. Still Big puzzle.
    Anyone know what this app is doing approx 11 seconds in?
  • probably corrupted map files or faulty SD
    delete maps manually, folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data
  • Why does Navigator not automatically navigate from "here" ie present location. It always wants to start from my home location. Am I doing something wrong. Our normally always want to start navigating from where I am to new location. I'm sure it used to do this. Also will I lose all my favorites if I "clear data" in apps?
  • Navigate will start from your GPS position, Calculate route and Simulate route will start from preset departure
  • Thanks for the feedback. Your link, somewhere else on this forum, to the manual was very useful.
  • Hi I can find a number in a road  it's impossible
  • when street numbers are available in the map data then you can search for it, for example New York/Manhattan/5th Avenue.
    Unfortunately house numbers are frequently missing in free maps, but are available in TomTom maps.

Free maps are created by volunteers at www.openstrpeetmaps.org - anybody can join and help to make maps better using their local knowledge.

Having said this, you can type (speak) address in the built-in Google search.
  • When will this FAQ be updated?  At the time I am writing this query, the current version is 2.2.78 (not 1.0.x.). there must be more answers to more questions by now?

Just curious!

Respectfully submitted,
  • why navigator automatically navigate from here.
  • Navigator navigates from your GPS position, that is quite logical

to calculate or simulate route  from another departure please go to Tools
  • is app " googlemap" 100% accurate ?
  • there is no such thing as 100% accurate map
  • I have a problem with updating, getting started and can not finish. What could be the reason? Previously worked, I have free space and internet connection. Has the latest version changed the minimum requirements for hardware?
  • updating what?
    maps or Navigator?
  • Navigator.

Today I will try to remove and reinstall again.
  • Now more intresting, web Play Store in Chrome show app installed and... any device connected.
    In app Play Store show Navigator is not installed, when i start instllation it work about 5 minutes but end with error 495.
    I clear data and cache on Play Store app, Google Services and Services Framework.
    But that did not work.
    Removing and re-adding google account does not give anything.
  • Problem solved, app installed and work great.
  • I will give a try to your tips. I hope it would also work for me.
    https://notresponding.net/spotify-error-fix/
  • Hi
    Is it possible to install the app on the head unit of Toyota Rav4 ? I think it's an Android system . The head unit can not open navigator.exe file by the method which is described in main section of installing free mapfactore on car devices .
    Tnx
  • exe files are for Windows, not for android
    go to Google Play for Android version
  • please email support for any licencing issues
  • I have recently started using Mapfactor Navigator for Android 6.1.16 with OSM maps.
    I discovered it while looking for an alternative to "copilot".
    I like the app very much.

Maybe someone has already asked the question:

Can I use the 3D view + the speed limit display without entering a navigation destination?

Greetings to the Golden City ;-) 
  • Hi,
    I really love your navigation app on android and use it regularly. I tried almost all free navigation app but found your app to be the best. Only problem I had is that the roads are not clear as in other app such as be-on-road. I suggest that both sides of road should appear as separate lines and when roads are zoomed when near to the turn it should be more clear with thin lines than now. At present when I approach turn the lines become too thick that it is difficult to know where to go especially when I'm on interchanges and too many roads are there at same place.
    Secondly the sound for warning radar should be changed it does not sound that good.
    Thanks.

• you can adjust road width in settings/customise maps
  • He isn't interested in Mapfactor. He wants to spam the forum with his market place...
  • Hello! I have a few questions about Android roaming: does the app have traffic details? If the answer is yes, how does it work and how can I use it? I'm going to Los Angeles (USA) and because of the ongoing traffic congestion I'm interested in this feature

• Hi,
    I still use navigator 5.5 on an older Android phone.
    Unfortunately the mumber of mapfiles for germany has changed.
    It were 4 (north, south, east, west).
    Now there are 16.
    navigator 5.5 does not work with the new files.
    Is there a way to use them with Version 5.5?
    Thanks
  • you need to upgrade Navigator from navigatorfree.mapfactor.co
    download section
  • I am trying to supply a backup of a favourites.xml file to a recent installation of Navigator Free.

As specified in https://www.mapfactor.com/en/support/did-you-know/17-navigator-settings-backup-export-import/, I have placed the file in /android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/, but Navigator had not already stored any files in this location and the contents of my file are not appearing in My places.
  • In Android 11, the path is now /data/user/0/com.mapfactor.navigator/, which seems to be inaccessible without root access to prevent corruption by user.

Workaround is to change the Map manager's installation SD card to external card, edit files, then revert to internal card.  :)
  • you can now create your own local backup folder, which will be accessible
  • Thank you, Tomas!  :)
  • Great, you can refer to Getmodnow, the leading website specializing in providing the top free undress AI applications on the market. With the variety and quality of applications, users can easily download and experience undress AI technology at the tip of their fingers. This website not only provides high quality applications but also ensures safety and security for users. With Getmodnow, you will explore the impressive world of undress AI technology without spending any money. Try it today to explore the new and unique capabilities that undress AI brings.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion