Test of Android version 3.0.x
  • 341 Comments sorted by
  • Sent to you and many thanks.
      - traffic incident line pattern fixed
      - map hardware drawing possible crash fix
      - traffic situations list street names fix
      - gray color for traffic incidents without speed change added
  • 3.0.92 Samsung Tab S2 (SM-T810) hardware rendering issues are still there.
  • Mapfactor 3.0.92 with hardware render on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Android 6.0.1. Crashes continue when wrong/missed turn taken & MFN has to re-calculate route. As well as the Navigator has stopped working message I also get a enhanced TTS error message. I recently installed Google Enhanced TTS. Could this be the cause of the MFN crash? I've reverted to standard Google TTS & I'll report back when I've had chance to test.
  • we cannot replicate crash while recalculating, tried with and without TTS
    please record NMEA and email it together with departure and destination
  • OK we were finally able to replicate the crash. It happens after recalculating route only when speed camera warnings are turned on. Will be fixed in 3.0.93, hopefully today
  • Hello,
    the download link http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk is now redirected to version 3.0.93+ available for testing. If you need older 2.2.78 it is available at http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator_stable.apk.

Or you can simply use Google Play beta system for automatic updates of beta versions at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mapfactor.navigator.

DOWNGRADING VERSION MAY CAUSE APP DATA LOSS

-crash after route recalculation when speed camera warnings are turned on fix
    -Austria, Belgium and Canada HD traffic data are available now

This is the release candidate, probably it will be released next week with all known issues.

The most critical issue: When you buy new maps or you get premium features using code then you lose the HD Traffic licence due to a server issue. If you lose your HD Traffic licence please contact our support using "send logs" in the app.
  • V3.0.93+ 
     Just noticed today this problem.
    I have set up the panels as per the first image. Today I tried to clear a missed waypoint and when i touched the screen the default panel was displayed as per the second image.

When not in navigation mode my own setup is displayed but while in routing mode the default is displayed.

Quite upsetting to me as the only way to make it easy and safe to clear a waypoint ( while on a motorcycle ) was to set all those panels as "waypoint".

Can you please look into it and correct as soon as possible.
    Many Thanks

First Image                                                                           Second Image

image           image

• toolbar is different in map view and navigation
  • @tomas - thanks Tomas. I would have never guessed that. My problem is gone - I can carry on missing my waypoints with no worries now :)

My first thought on your reply was " why different. What on earth for" but now thinking about it its quite clever and useful - there's always some kind of hidden logic and this is one of them  :) 

Well done guys :-bd
    - traffic situations average speed fix
  • I'm unable to search my imported POIs in the latest version (app crashes).    They are displayed and I can navigate to them from the map if I select them.
  • Very strange.  No comments from the Mapfactor guys for a while........
  • firstly you are in a wrong thread
    secondly, I have no idea, most likely something wrong with your imported files, or faulty SD... - it is impossible to say from your description
  • Hi tomas, what do you mean 'wrong thread' I thought this thread was for the dev version of Mapfactor Navigator and to be honest he is correct, there have been no posts on this thread for 2 weeks. Is everyone on holiday? or has Mapfactor stopped development?
  • More to add. Tried to update to latest est version and after update navigator stopped working. Had to delete and reinstall but not able to get back on to test version. Heyho.
  • this thread is for Navigator for Android, version 3.0.x as  the title suggests
    I am under impression that amlumsden is talking about Windows CE

in any case, he does not give enough information

@Rondolf
    v3.0.x is on stage release, you can install it from here
    http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk
  • Tomas,  I know what thread I am in and that is why I posted here.  I do not have Windows CE and have never posted for that.  What more information do you need.  I have imported POIs that I have used constantly for a couple of years at least and now I can't search them.  I navigate to Search imports, select one of the categories I have and the app crashes.  I try to do a general search and the app states no results even though I know they are there.  Is there another way that I do not know of???? 

I also noticed that there appear to be language problems on the various buttons not sure if it is my phone. image

• may be you can email your imported file?
  • What email should I use?
  • clikc Send logs in settings/advanced
  • OK.  I didn't know that POIs were sent with this method.
  • they are not, but you can attach them
  • Tomas,  I just thought that I would register my thanks and appreciation for your patience and help with my POI files.  Everything is working correctly now.   :)
  • Anybody else getting the weird language on the action buttons in dialog boxes?

• As far as I remember my button was like expected.
  • Very strange as all dialogue   buttons are the same.  No idea why that should be as my phone is set up correctly.
  • dialog buttons come from Android, please check Android language settings

• That's the thing, Tomas. My language is set to English
  • try to reboot, something wrong with Android
  • Please buy a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3. This is the best Smartphone of the world. But Mapfactor have a big problem with it. Only when mapfactor navigator used is for the next using of the gps a restart requisitely. When using some gps loggers like mendhak.gpslogger are no such problems. I wrote already some other postings about this problems, but please change the priority for this and change the way how navigator using gps.

I have finished beta testing because alot of crashes when hardware rendering on.
  • Hi Tomas, regarding the corrupt labels on dialogue boxes, I have rebooted my phone on a number of occasions and also cleared cache but these still persist.  I don't have a problem with any other app.  The phone I am currently using is a Moto G4 Plus, Android 7.0
  • MapFactor Navigator 3.0.108

device: SM-T810 9.7''
    Renderer: Mali-T760
    OpenGL ES 3.1

Map renderer: Hardware (experimental)
    Navigation map mode: 2D

Vehicule Parameters:
    Maximum speed 55.9 mph

Unit system: Imperial (British)

Optimisation Mode: Fastest

Road Restrictions:
    * 60 Motorway                      
    * 50 Primary Road                  
    * 50 Major Road                    
    * 40 Secondary Road                
    * 30 Local Connecting Road         
    * 20 Local road Of high Importance
    * 15 Local Road
    * 50 Small Local Road                                        
    only these are selected, all others are off

Earth osm 44-201608040
    Map UK 44-2017030300

completed: OK
    Departure Dover, CT16 1JA        lat:184061632 lon:4799552
    Waypoint: M42 from Dover        lat:188453530 lon:-6506942
    Waypoint: M56 from Dover        lat:192061750 lon:-9034454
    Destination: Holyhead, Llanfawr road    lat:191905868 lon:-16669312

completed: OK
    Departure:   Holyhead, Llanfawr road       lat:191905868 lon:-16669312
    Waypoint:    M56 to Dover                        lat:192061190 lon:-8997924
    Waypoint:    M42 to Dover                        lat:188457708 lon:-6508073
    Destination: Dover, CT16 1JA                    lat:184061632 lon:4799552
  • The wrong turn calculation I mentioned in post #Comment_14458 still exists in 3.0.108
  • Voice announcements
    V3.0.103

Somehow announcements stopped coming through the helmet Bluetooth speakers. Smartphone still showing an active bluetooth connection. 
    Reset the bluetooth connection while riding along. Reconnection made and all the missed announcements came through one after the other until it caught up with the current announcement. It seems that all were stored and then replayed all at once.

This happened twice, once after clearing a missed waypoint announcements stopped until disconnecting/connecting  the bluetooth and the second time announcements just stopped until disconnecting/connecting bluetooth.

• Sorry for late answer, I should not write on forum at all (it is not my task) but as those topics were ignored too long, let me answer as much as I can.

@alumsden - Navigator has currently some problems with languages on Android 7, we will hopefully fix it in the version 3.1. 

@Garfield - We are aware of this problem and it is in the Navigator since beginning, Visual data are not the same data which are used by routing/navigation. Data for routing/navigation is compressed a lot which make some "decimation" of geometry (just for imagination, in reality the problem is much more complicated). This cause that at some positions you get incorrect instructions. To solve this problem would be needed to change format of data, which is not imaginable.

@stavrich - Weird, we change nothing connected with it since version 2.2.84, is it on BlackBerry device?

@hvdwolf - It is not easy, without route recalculating, it is not known how big difference is. As I know our engine cannot recalculate route and then revert to previous route. In cases when route recalculation takes 20 seconds it would be no go, to have this future. But maybe @tomas know something I dont.
  • Many thanks, Lubos, for confirming my problem.  I look forward to the fix.  In the meantime, I can live with the strange language.  :)
  • @lubos I think just from the users you are cordially invited to post frequently in this forum. This may be even better than always transferring the news through a third person like @tomas. There is no one to blame for the principle of "silent messages". So from time to time (at least when it becomes very technically) programmers should give a direct message.
  • @lubos - yes its on a Blackberry device ( I think I am the only BB user - its a niche device now :)) ). It could be the device but not sure how the device can store all the messages and replay all at once until it catches up with the latest announcement - I will try to get more details if it happens again .

I am happy to have any response than no response or being ignored. Your input is always welcome - fully agree with @Oldie and please continue .
  • crash after message: recalculating route
    GPU/Renderer: Mali-T760
    kernel: 3.10.9-10949424

Hardware 2D while simulating (speed x )
    device in portrait mode

Vehicule Parameters:
    Maximum speed 55.9 mph

Road Restrictions:
    * 60 Motorway                      
    * 50 Primary Road                  
    * 50 Major Road                    
    * 40 Secondary Road                
    * 15 Local Road
    * 50 Small Local Road                                        

Earth osm 44-201608040
    Map UK 44-201705120

ERR 17/05/17 16:04:35  assertion failed (line:294 in src/RoutePosition.cpp)

• @lubos I see the point but it would be nice to have at least information, that route was changed due traffic or something like this "traffic in x km - recalculate? y/n" followed with "route changed/no better road" - maybe as an option with some default behaviour (for instance route recalculation after 5 sec)
  • @Oldie - it is not easy, for more than one year I am working for MF externally and on part-time only. I lost overview what is happening in company. So thats also hard to comment something I have no clue about.

@stavrich - try please how it behaves with TTS and recorded voices (I guess that recorded voices should work better), what would be also good to check to try function with different tts engines. (Our implementation is calling opening SCO channel as the first - thats simulating phonecall and then sending msg into TTS, I guess it can be problem that TTS engine does not want to play sound when the device is in the call mode)

@Jan_Gruuthuse - thank you - I will forward it to @stepan. But maybe we need more information. When program crashes in C++ (which is this case), Navigator has no chance to write about into log. I wrote short document how to get information about C++ crash using PC: http://download.mapfactor.com/cppstack.pdf
    If you want to help solving the issue, please follow steps in the document.

@mkz - I have nothing common with HD Traffic but at least I added your request into our internal feature request system
  • @Jan_Gruuthuse
    I've checked the log file. It looks like the error occured not during real navigation but during simulation? Because the assert in the log file should be executed only during simulation. But on the other hand I can see that the route was recomputed which should not happen while simulating.... So I am really confused... Can you please add more info how it had happened? Thank you
  • @stepan: What if a simulated route gets new traffic information. Will it then reroute?
  • @lubos, reading your cppstack document
    @
    stepan
    Yeah was
    simulation, that info dropped off my posting. Has become some kind of benchmark to me. Drive it in real time 2/4 times a year.
    Navigator stopped following the route and got off road (screenshot)
  • Test did run, completed: OK, crash did not reoccur:

MapFactor Navigator 3.0.112
    device: Galaxy Tab S2, SM-T810 9.7'' ,  (gts210wifixx)
    Chipset: EXYNOS5433
    GPU/Renderer: Mali-T760
    kernel: 3.10.9-10949424

Vehicule Parameters:
    Maximum speed 55.9 mph

Road Restrictions:
    * 60 Motorway                     
    * 50 Primary Road                 
    * 50 Major Road                   
    * 40 Secondary Road               
    * 15 Local Road
    * 10 Small Local Road                                       

Earth osm 44-201608040
    Map UK 44-201704280    <= changed (roll back? or typo from my side?)

ps.: Eclipse does not recognise Android version 7.0
  • Ah, you probably dont have driver for it. One of this two should work: http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
  • The tablet does connect, It is not recognizing: Android OS = Unknown
  • That means that your current driver does not support ADB communication, please install driver from link I sent
  • I'm on ubuntu 16.04 64-bit. Eclipse sees device but nothing is passed. Driver is for windows.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion