Test of Android version 2.2.x
  • 102 Comments sorted by
  • After update to 2.2.39 the problem still exists. Can't customize application language on Galaxy S4 mini working with standard Android.
  • Hello,

I can confirm the issue with system language in English on my Huawei Y3 - WTF :-q  .

BTW: HW rendering did not work with waypoints before 2.2.33+ - fortunately this crappy version I used in Ireland ran perfectly with SW rendering. I must admit that it had been my fault to make an unevaluated software update.

• hello,

version 2.2.40

app. language - OK
    France (all maps) - Fail 
  • I agree with @Durko. France is still not visible and can't route there.
  • confirmed 2.2.40: France staying empty: no roads or searching in country.
  • Application crashes every time after clicking of map.
  • I do like the bigger lane-guidance arrows in the top, but I do have a feature request.

The current arrows are all white.
    Would it be possible to make the lanes to choose green and the lanes not to choose white or grey?
  • I agree with @hvdwolf about the new lane arrows an with changing their colours.
  • Did you notice a problem with a crash of application when clicking on map (and showing a panel with buttons) ?
  • @MFNUser

At least in map mode, I didn't encounter any crash.
  • Immediately after the application was updated I encountered one crash when tapping on the map. so to be sure I rebooted my phone.
    After that one crash it was stable.

(I switch off my phone anyway at nights and switch it on again in the morning: I don't need it and it is (slightly) better for environment), so most of the time I'm on a "fresh" phone.
  • Ok, I will reboot my phone and check it.
  • I think, I discovered a problem with crash of application. It happens when I changed definition of some buttons on panel with shows when I click map. When buttons are default everythink is OK.
  • I also changed buttons, but no crash
    please provide screenshot of your configuration
  • I set in the bottom row from the left: add to favourite, find, info, nigth mode
  • Hello,
    the download link http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk is now redirected to version 2.2.44+ available for testing. If you need older 2.1.97 it is available at http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator_stable.apk

Version 2.2.44 will be available on Google Play Beta in few hours.

Changelog:
    -gles - missing lock added
    -HD traffic fix
    -crashing odometer on 10inch tablets
    -lane arrows green
    -signpost under manouvre panel fixed
    -gles gps arrow without signal fixed
    -fixes of corrupted APK
    -gles road visibility optimised
    -translations fixed
    -gles refresh icons on map resume
    -gles on notsnapped position use gps azimuth
    -gles more roads visible in map mode
    -lane panel resized and moved up
    -translation uk,us,ru
    -using new build system->lot of new bugs
    -lock screen rotation settings moved and renamed
    -gpx import dialog fixed, route gpx import as route
    -gles GPU communication speed up
    -gles do not log no drawer
    -infopanel average speed added(calculated from odometer)
    -scheme editor - text underline removed

• -gles more roads visible in map mode
    -lane arrows green (and grey)

Nice :)
  • hello,

how to fix slovak translation? Now it is a mix of languages en+sk+cz
  • @hvdwolf: Where do you see more roads in map mode?
  • :)
    Well, the changelog description which I copied was indeed a little cryptic.

It is referring to the topic "Map scale and visible routes".

The changes means that not all roads "disappear" when you zoom out on the map. More (main) roads remain visible on the lower zoom levels.
  • I don't see any improvement, at least regarding "my" areas.
  • Thank you for a wonderful navigation application.
    The latest beta versions have been crashing on my android device.

Since testing navigator version 2.2.38 and beyond I am no longer able to load the application. Only version 2.2.37 and previous versions successfully load.

I noticed in the version update description that for version 2.2.38 a new build system was introduced. Could this be the problem?

I receive the following messages
    "Checking data files integrity. Please wait."
    After a few minutes I receive, "Unfortunately, Navigator has stopped." and then the application crashes.

Rebooted Android 4.4.2 twice. Still same unsuccessful results.

I am providing a data dump.
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) APP START version=2.2.44, debuglvl=0
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) BUILD INFO: release=4.4.2 SDK=19
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) MEMORY INFO: 0.8 GB/1.8 GB
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) DISPLAY INFO:
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) LAYOUT_TYPE=normal
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) DISPLAY DENSITY: density_high
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) Billing helper - initialization success
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) Billing helper - querying inventory
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:12  (JAVA) Billing helper - retrieving inventory succeeded (0 items)
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:14  (JAVA) DATASET : earth_ta
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:14  (JAVA) DEVICE ID : {removed byWillyj in this post}
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:14  (JAVA) MAP RENDERER : software
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:14  NAVIGATOR start
    DMP 16/08/22 19:39:14  IDC file: /mnt/sdcard/navigator/atlas.idc
    ERR 16/08/22 19:39:14  assertion failed (line:856 in src/mpfc/AtlasIds.cpp)
    ERR 16/08/22 19:39:14  assertion failed (line:1020 in src/TreeComposer.cpp)
    ERR 16/08/22 19:39:14  assertion failed (line:855 in src/mpfc/AtlasIds.cpp)

• @WillyJ - new build system was real problem - APK version were destroying atlas.idc files. You have to delete your navigator folder and then download everything again. I am not sure if TomTom maps will work automatically...
  • Thank you Lubos.

I deleted the Navigator folder and all its contents. Re-installed version 2.2.44 and was able to retrieve the tomtom maps and the application opened successfully. I started adding back in my POI MCA (import) files that I created through digger and noticed that after 35 of them the application would crash like before. If I maintain no more than 35 of these MCA files the application opens successfully. 

This was not the case with version 2.2.37 where I had around 40 POI MCA (import) files working correctly.

Is there a restriction on the number of POI MCA (import) files in the latest beta version?
  • Hi Lubos, having serious problems across the board with build 2.2.44.  Keeps crashing. I've never had so many problems on one build before so a bit disappointed as I assume that you at least do some alfa testing before releasing for beta.  One serious problem is when selecting any area of the map, whether a POI or just an area, the program crashes.  In fact, I have had to give up on testing as I can't get it running stable.  Is a new build due soon to fix this as it is obviously not fit for purpose?  If not, then please explain to all how we can revert back without losing our TomTom maps, POIs, favourites etc.
  • @amlumsden
    I have no crashes, may be you could give more details how to achieve it
  • Hello Tomas,

After re-installing version 2.2.44 having deleted the Navigator folder and its content, I retrieved the tomtom maps through the map download. I started adding back in my POI MCA (import) files that I created through digger and noticed that after 35 of them the application would crash like before. If I maintain no more than 35 of these MCA files the application opens successfully. 

This was not the case with version 2.2.37 where I had around 40 POI MCA (import) files working correctly.

Is there a restriction on the number of POI MCA (import) files in the latest beta version?

Thank you.
  • I already read this, to my knowledge there was no change
    it could be that one of your files became corrupted?

• Hello Tomas,

When I revert back to version 2.2.37 all 40 work correctly. When I use version 2.2.44 only 35 work.
  • if you email your mca files, then I will try it

• Hi Tomas, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.  My crashes happened when clicking anywhere on the map.  It would start to launch the location menu then crash.  I now have version 2.2.51 and all appears OK now.  Obviously the last build had problems.
  • Version 2.2.51. Galaxy s4 android 5.01.
    Problems after simulating route with waypoints.
    Route with one or more waypoint in the Route info.
    Start Simulate route and let it run to the end or stop it before.
    Go to the Route info and uncheck one or more waypoints.
    Go to the menu and back to the Route info.
    The unchecked waypoints are now checked again as before the simulation.

• Hello,
    the download link http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk is now redirected to version 2.2.53+ available for testing. This version is release candidate. If you need older 2.1.97 it is available at http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator_stable.apk

Changelog:

-Removing HD traffic from translations
    -optimize waypoints available even if no departure is specified
    -sk translations
    -search without trailing spaces
    -route not found dialog displayed when route was not found while computing from Itinerary dialog
    2.2.46-50
    -new build system fixes
    -no HD Traffic in version 2.2
  • Navigator 2.2.53
    OSM Belgium map: 44-201608270

find:
    Departure
    TOWN CENTRE, Nieuwpoort, West Flanders (West-Vlaanderen), Belgium

Arrival
    TOWN CENTRE, Adinkerke, West Flanders (West-Vlaanderen), Belgium

[Route Info]
    ROUTING POINTS
    [Simulate]

after driving some minutes on E40, navigator closes unexpectedly.

Town centre Nieuwpoort to town centre Adinkerke (Belgium)
  • Hello,

Ver 2.2.x

Option to change navigation arrow colour is not available with Software renderer (or Automatic mode in my case).
    Is only available with Hardware renderer.
    I thought that both renderers should have the same functions and features. Is this difference by design or an oversight?

Changed colour using HW reverts to normal when switching back to Automatic / SW render
  • So, does this mean that HW is the renderer to use from now on?.
    You are not pulling my leg, are you? :-)
  • @Jan_Gruuthuse
    Hello, I tried your route simulation in Belgium OSM map but I failed to get the crash... Can you send logs please? Thanks
  • Crash or unexpected closure happens @00:08:57 from destination.
    The log contains 4790 *  "GL ERROR (after rendering) : 1282"

File (29.1 KB total) navigator_160902_174256.log.txt.zip Will be deleted on 9 September, 2016

• This happens with Map renderer set to:
    Automatic or Hardware (experimental)
  • @lubos "version 2.2.53+ This version is release candidate."

Have you picked up on this?

Navigator 2.2.53: after driving some minutes on E40, navigator closes unexpectedly.

http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/comment/13454#Comment_13454
    http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/comment/13463#Comment_13463
    http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/comment/13464#Comment_13464
  • Navigator 2.2.54: same issue
  • maps in version 2.2.54 is not full screen, menu is full screen
  • Today I started my daily route to work with 2.2.54. As mostly I've choosen the destination on my driveway to the garage - the position is about 30m outside the road. GPS normally is always on and the initial position on my driveway had been correctly shown.

When I started the program mostly had shown a frozzen picture and jumped to a new position from time to time. Sometime new position was not even near the actual position on calculated route. Normal navigation started after 20min and about 17km on the road.

Starting navigation on a road doesn't show this behaviour. I collected screenshots in a PDF-file look at time an distances

Anyone who made similar experiences?

• GPS is controlled by Android, try to reboot your device, it usually helps
  • Navigator version 2.2.53 and 2.2.54:
    - after driving some minutes on E40, navigator - closes unexpectedly
    - GL ERROR (after rendering) : 1282"

Fixed
    : Navigator version 2.2.61 Hardware Map render issue
    thanks
  • changelog 2.2.61:
    -about dialog - info about libraries
    -about dialog - info about Truck licence
    -bluetooth - SCO is off by default
    -bluetooth - crash fixed on devices without BT 
    -geointent with zoom in address field support added
    -german doris sound fixes
    -hw renderer crash fixed - thanks to @Jan_Gruuthuse
    -odometer with 'only when navigating' not working fixed
    -restart engines - memory leak in pthread fixed
  • Hi @lubos - somehow a couple of the latest updates have not reached me via the testing program.

Any chance you can update the download link with v2.2.61

Also while navigating (planned route) touching the screen to bring up the menu from the bottom (in my case to clear a missed waypoint) is not very responsive ie it takes quite a few tries before it works - sometimes i have to stop and do it. 
    It responds very quickly while stationed or in non-navigating modes.

Has anybody else noticed this behaviour?

many thanks
  • The download link http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk is now redirected to version 2.2.61+ available for testing. If you need older 2.1.97 it is available athttp://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator_stable.apk
  • Navigator gps.....fatal error occurred in main thread. Address: 0x01593f30  exception: 0xc0000005.
    Help me!!!!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion