How to Install Navigator FREE
  • I used the product many years ago (I purchased to run on laptop - about years ago). Was very pleased. I still have the MPFC GPS antenna for use to a USB connector. I thought I'd try and find some software.

I downloaded the Navigator Free software to my desktop PC (windows 7) and then clicked on the install download and I get an error window

Unable to save the file C:\ProgramData\NewFolder\regions.dcf. The system cannot find the path specified

Seems like it should be pretty easy to resolve but no idea how.

Any help appreciated
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hello,
    did you use Setup Utility 10.1 (available on the web) or 10.2 (from this forum - http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/20/setup-utility-10.2.x/)?
    thanks
    Martin
    p.s. the error seems to me that you do not have such a directory or you do not have an access (administrator?) there?
  • I have just used your link and looks fine - many thanks
  • Hello All
    I am a new user and found Navigator Free through an internet search
    I read all I could about this and decided this was just what I needed to updated my old Omnitech GPS unit model 15223
    This unit runs WinCE NET 4.2 Core (which I noticed was the subject of another topic on this forum but has since been closed...)
    I downloaded the installation package and saved the application and map data to my SD card.
    I was able to get the GPS to turn on however received the following error message:
    "File run error \SDMMC\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Destinator.exe"
    I am aware of how to create directories etc. on the SD card and how to rename files - however this has me boggled since I can't even get the Navigator Free screen to appear.
    What I was wondering is has anyone got this to work with this same GPS unit and if so can you supply some help to me to make it work?
    I realize that I could just go out and buy a new GPS unit and be done with it but where would the fun be in that?
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards!!
  • Hi Im getting this problem log
    DMP 2016/06/15 08:42:57 Tray utility started.
    DMP 2016/06/15 08:42:57 RcfReader: failed to open C:\Users\H189202\AppData\Local\Temp\regions.dcf
    ERR 2016/06/15 08:42:57 SettingsCollector::constructor loading C:\Users\H189202\AppData\Local\Temp\regions.dcf & C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator15\Setup Utility\dvd.dcf failed.
    DMP 2016/06/15 08:42:57 RcfReader: C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator15\Setup Utility\regions.dcf opened successfully
    ERR 2016/06/15 08:42:57 HttpDownloader:Host requires authentication
    DMP 2016/06/15 08:42:57 displayng message: Host requires authentication
    ERR 2016/06/15 08:42:57 HttpDownloader:Unable to download required information.[Host requires authentication]
    DMP 2016/06/15 08:42:57 displayng message: Unable to download required information.[Host requires authentication]

Any ideas on what to do? Internet conection its on

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged