Maps of New Caledonia
  • Hello,
    Above all, your android application is very good.
    But there is a problem on the OSM map of New Caledonia, the only highway (savexpress) the country is cut! (see screenshot)
    This highway is not cut on OpenStreetMap : http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/-22.1787/166.4181

As a result, the proposed routes are very long ... : \
    Thank you
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi kgoo,
    thanks for report. At first sight it looks like problem with boundary description. We use relation 2177258. The problem is probably related to line "Relation Nouvelle-Calédonie (1628087) as land_area" - the process maybe cuts out the bridges :(. Moreover the boundary is not valid now, so some older backup was used (for November data), but I have seen the problem also in older data.
    regards
      Martin

• Hi kgoo,
    it should be fixed now (and recomputed data are available on Early Maps Access). I still do not like original relation 2177258 - it contains mentioned "land_area" relation (1628087), two nodes, and Relation Récifs de Bellone (3225953) without "role" description ... so I am not sure if even on OSM side it is correct.
    regards
       Martin
  • Hi Martin,
    It's perfect! :)
    Thank you very much
    Regards

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• kgoo November 2013
  • mdx November 2013

Tagged