Keyboard shortcuts MF Free & MF10
  • Hello, I have been using MF Free for the last Few tours and am really impressed. The only thing i am missing is the ability to controll the program using only the keyboard. I have already found the arrow keys and enter gets me to the menu however a direct kex shortcut for several features would be helpfull such as night view.
    Thanks in advance
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • There is a way for some user short-cuts. It is rather advanced topic & you have to modify your settings.xml file. There is section like:
    <virtualKeyBinding>
    <vkCode>38</vkCode>
    <action>MoveUp</action>
    </virtualKeyBinding>
    and the current (?) list of actions is:
    ZoomIn
    ZoomOut
    Minimize
    AddFavourite
    MoveLeft
    MoveRight
    MoveUp
    MoveDown
    OpenMainMenu
    ToggleNightMode
    FindAndNavigate

What shortcut would you need?
  • Cool ToggleNightMode looks like the one that comes to mind. I will attempt to test it today Thanks.
  • I think I spoke to soon. by the key code do you mean the hex code for the key? or is there a sperate table?
  • it should be ascii code (key code), or you can write 0x ... for hex code
  • Hello Martin,
    the shortcuts work great also in version 11.
    After 8000km I have found 2 shortcuts that would be helpfull "navigate" and close or exit.
    when I stop and close N11 I need to restart navigation. Or when the netbook goes into hibernate because I forgot to attach the power supply N11 needs to be restarted and the navigate button needs to be clicked on to resume navigation.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Hello Martin,

Just a bump and a update after moving to a usb gps NL-402U The problem no longer occurs when resuming from hibernation or suspend however keyboard shortcuts are always welcome.

A touchscreen has no tactile feel as to what button you are pushing that means looking at the screen and not the road.

Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion