Tomtom "Unknow Route" / Trajet inconnu (fr)
  • Mapfactor didn't find my favorites routes (and others) since I bought Tomtom Map [Voice message : Unknow route / trajet inconnu (fr)].
    I reinstalled the software and reinstalled the Tomtom Map but the problem is still the same.
    I never had a problem with the free Map.
    Any idea about this Tomtom bug ?

Phone Version : Sony Xperia Z3 compact
    Android : 4.4.4
    MapFactor : 1.4.24
    Tomtom Map : Europe
  • 26 Comments sorted by
  • please let us know departure and destination, best in lat/long
    then we can test
  • Thank you for the reply Thomas.

I tested again today, with the OSM and with the Tomtom Map.
    As the end point on the map is not accessible to the car, the software doesn't calculate the route with the Tomtom Map.

The OSM guides me to the nearest point, but the map Tomtom map doesn't even calculate the route.

Will there a way to fix this?
  •  please let us know departure and destination, best in lat/long
    then we can test
    • tomas 4:01PM
      your destination is on a closed road, please move it to Rue de Louveciennes
    • UBoT 4:45PM
      Yes, I Know.
      So, Why The OSM guides me to the nearest point, and not the Tomtom map doesn't ?
      For free I can go to the destination but for 20 €, I stay at home ! 

Will there a way to fix this ?
  • tomas 4:51PM
    OSM does not have this road at all, that is why destination is smnapped on nearest link.
  • Ok.
    why Tomtom doesn't swapped on nearest link too ?
  • it does snap to nearest link, but nearest link is closed in TomTom
    nearest link in OSM is not closed

• is it possible to unclosed "nearest link" in Tomtom Map ?
  • Hi UBoT,
    I am sorry for the trouble. This particular link is not only blocked (with crosses), but there are also "blocked passages" on both sides (not visible in the map):
    mysql> select * from mff_network_block where id_network = 12500067061440;
    +----------------+----------+--------+
    | id_network     | at_start | at_end |
    | 12500067061440 |        1 |      1 |

This is similar to gates in OSM. At the moment (Android Navigator 1.4.24) does not route over gates and also there is no way how to "open the gate" :(. Is this street blocked from both sides for cars also in reality?
    thanks
       Martin

• Thank you for the reply mdx.

The street is blocked from both sides for cars in reality.
    When I used The OSM, the software calculate a route and guides me to the nearest link.

The Tomtom map doesn't calculate the route (the voice says : "trajet inconnu"/"Unknow route"). So I'm still at the departure with no direction and nothing else.
    I have to determinate the nearest road who is accesible in car by myself in order to generate a route.

is it the only way for fix this problem ? Change the destination point ?

I'm sorry but I don't understand why the route was fully calculate with the OSM and not with the Tomtom map.
  • free maps do not have this road, so destination cannot be on it, otherwise result would be identical
  • I would correct Tomas, that there is similar road, but tagged as "footpath":
    https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/311616362
    and if you have selected car profile footpath is ignored and the position is snapped to the nearest non-footpath road
  • Ok. Thanks mdx & Thomas.

The OSM snapped to the nearest non-footpath road, but is there an option that the TTM snapped to the nearest non-footpath road too ?
  • yes, it is the same, but it is not footpath in TomTom
  • Sorry @thomas, but I don't understand.

The OSM calculate and show me a route but not the TTM (for the same destination & the same options in the software). I explain to you in the previous message :

...The Tomtom map doesn't calculate the route (the voice says : "trajet inconnu"/"Unknow route")...
    ...I don't understand why the route was fully calculate with the OSM and not with the Tomtom map...
    ...The OSM snapped to the nearest non-footpath road, but is there an option that the TTM snapped to the nearest non-footpath road too ?...

Perhaps I don't explain correctly in English. If so, I'm sorry to insist.

If the TTM calculate less destinations, why should I pay ?
    Is there an option to activate ? can I fix this in order to use the software with TTM at 100 % ?
  • whatever maps you have it snaps to nearest road
    in TomTom nearest road is road closed for traffic, but it is not footpath
  • Am I talking to a wall ?

The TTM doesn't calculate the route for this destination (perhaps only for this direction, I don't know).
    So, if the software doesn't calculate, it can't snap to the nearest road.

Check the following link and watch the video : http://dl.free.fr/vV50dlUg2

Mapfactor announces nothing, whatsoever via the voice or via the map.
  • I am not sure what to add
    it happens that route is not found in OSM and is in TomTom, for example destination at 43.56316/1.43632, or 24.7958/13.04351

there is no such thing as perfect map

video cannot be accessed

• OK. Thanks @Thomas.

You can DL the video here : http://we.tl/Tr890AOVQH
  • cannot get there either, upload it to a publicly accessible server please
  • yes, destination is on a closed road as already explained
  • So, if I understand, when the destination is a closed road the Tomtom Map doesn't calculate a route and it doesn't snap to the rearest road ?

Do I have to determinate the nearest road by myself ?

• yes and no - this road is quite unique as it is not only closed for traffic, but also has "blocked passages" on both sides (not visible in the map)
    if it was just closed, route would be found
  • Ok.
    Thanks anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged