GPX logging stops unexpected
  • I have been trying to use the gpx logging feature of the Android version for about a year now. But unfortunately it is not reliable. Most of the time it works as expected but sometimes Navigator stops logging and leaves me with a broken gpx file and no complete track.

I think this maybe happen when the gps loses the signal. It would be nice if the logging just continued when the gpx gets the signal again. I have found out that if I start the logging before the gpx gets a satellite fix the logging stops after short time. So I always wait with starting the logging until I am sure that the gps have a fix. But I still gets this error sometimes after ½ an hour or more.

A feature request from me would be the possibility to have the Navigator always logging when started. Right now it is only possible to always log when a route is activated.

Best regards Peder
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • always logging is available in settings/gps recording

• It has been some time since I last tested this funktion. Where do I find the gpx file?
  • You are not right Thomas, logging first starts when you start navigation. ( Active route )
  • yes, that is true, you want it all the time?
    Isn't it a little too much?
  • Not for my use, I always start logging when I start up navigator. Garmin devices like Nuvi 3790 Works this way. When set to logging they log no matter of in navigation mode or not.
  • I am glad that there is somebody in the world like me ;-). If you want to map you need logging all the time. If you need to debug navigation, you need it only when navigation is on. The problem is that if you do not use some limits (distance,time) then you have many useless large files.
  • I use Navigator for mapping when driving/walking around forrest, nature parks etc. The Navigator is only in navigation mode when driving to and from these Places. At these Places I use it for logging my way around while taking photo's. When home I use the gpx logs for geo tagging my Photos. ( Writing position information into the Pictures ) and for planning new routes around these Places. My Garmin gps always log and I have no problems with the log files growing to large.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion