Downloading maps...
  • Hi!. 
    (not facebook nor google let me sign up easily so I had to do it the old-fashioned-way... don't know if this is as intended). 

Now, my problem is that I can't update/download maps... 

I enter navigator (free) [Samsung Ace, Andriod 2.3.6] go to [Spanish] "Gestor de mapas" (middle down bar icon) Click on "Descargar mapa" [Download map] and it shows: TomTom Maps and TomTom Truck maps... 
    (The same window as if I went to "Buy Maps"). 

Is this as intended?, if it's, anyone can help me upgrade the map? (OSM). 

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • very strange, never heard this before
    go to settings/data source and check that you are in Navigator free
  • Hello Gobolino,
    did you buy TomTom maps before? If yes then this could be offer for map upgrades?? What version of Navigator do you use?
  • Yep, OSM is selected in the source. 
    I'm using... errr... wait a minute I just checked and I forgot... 

No, strange, I never bought TomTom maps (or any other thing in the cell phone, for that matter =P). 

It's that somehow (apparently) both "links" (Download and buy) go to the same place (buy Tomtom). 
    If I uninstall and install again I guess I lose all "my places", right?, is there anyway to backup only that data?

• no, you will not loose your places, but please make backup - file is favourites.xml
    here is the latest version
    http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk
  • Hi!, me again reporting...
    Managed to solve this issue, did a lot of things so actually I don't know "which one" worked or if they were all needed, what I had to do:
    - Uninstall
    - Went into the SD and manually deleted navigator files that were still there. 
    - Used SD maid and delete all "corpses". 
    - Reboot phone
    - Reinstall

Now it works accordingly, OSM maps in download and TomTom in buy. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion