Speed Cameras
  • Hi!

I use Digger to create mca files with speed camera information and it works great when I have the azimuth/direction and correct speed information.

1) What value can I use when azimuth/direction is missing? Not keen on adding the same camera 8 times (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW) just to cover all directions?

2) What speed value to use for red light cameras? 0?

JJ
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • azimuth is not needed, it is used to avoid alarms when travelling in opposite direction

• This piece of code can explain it:
      cameraParams.cameraAngle = MAX_USHORT; // no directional info ... later on it could be also 0..359, where 0 = North, 90 = East
      cameraParams.speed = 0; // no speed info

i.e. -1 for angle and 0 for speed
  • Hi and thanks for this.

I've tried this as input:
    Lat,Lon,Direction,Speed (From mph to kmh)
    51.55093,0.58068,-1,48

If driving from south, going up the road and then east, it appears to work correctly.

If driving in the opposite direction, from east to south, no icon is shown on the right hand side above the info bars, until just AFTER I've driven past the camera. Somewhat defeating the purpose of the warning?

I've enabled the 100m audio warning and my starting point is about 500m up the road, with destination about 100m after the GPS point.

Bug in Navigator 12.0.3 for Windows?

JJ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged