Automated Install Process
  • Hi,

I wonder if anyone has been able to install Navigator Free without going through the Setup utility? I have a large number of PC's to deploy the product to and wanted to automate it.

The step I would like to automate are:

1. Allocating the free product key

2. Installing the application without having to download it each time

3. Installing the maps without having to download it each time

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Axel

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • As far as I can see it, the install-program installs the setup-utility a n d the navigating software without any additional download.

Maps are stored to the data folder. If you download them once, you could copy the content from this folder to any other PC and by that make the maps available to the installation of the target pc.

Of course you can use any sync process for transfering map-updates to other PCs. That is how I update maps on my Android phone. I download map-updates to my PC using the setup - utilities and then sync the map-folders of both devices using the soft myphoneexlorer (additionally copy the files manually to the map folder of my friends phone from time to time).
  • Hi

I'm not sure I agree. The downloaded install only installs the setup utility (and the Visual C++ Redistributable).

You then need to run the setup utility to allocate the product key, download the navigating software and maps. The setup utility also registers DDL's, etc.

I am not so worried about the maps I just want to automate the software install without having to download on each PC I deploy.

Axel
  • Check the directory c:\ProgramData\Navigator\12.3\Install\ for "setup_pc_navigator.exe". There are command line parameters like:
    setup_pcnavigator.exe /silent /LKey=ABCDE-ABCDE-ABCDE-ABCDE-ABCDE /DataDir=c:\my\data
    regards
       Martin
  • Thanks Martin

Axel
  • Hi Martin,

Is there a command reference for setup_pcnavigator.exe?

Axel

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion