search for street name
  • Hi, can we have the ability to search by street name without selecting suburb? A few times I haven't known the exact suburb, but I've known the street name
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • search automatically finds streets within 20km of town centre
    isn't that enough?
  • When I search an address, it asks for country, suberb, then street. Recently I needed to find the reedy creek waste disposal facility. I was also given the street name, Hutchinson st. The app couldnt find this address. I am using this app on my samsung tablet so I didnt have network access. I had to get my phone and Google hutchinson street to find out that it was in burleigh heads. Then the app could find hutchinson st.

• the following review may explain a lot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDovG4esP38

about search

with offline navigation you cannot search the same way as on Google or
    other Internet search engines, mobile devices simply have no power for
    this type of search. When searching on Google thousands of very powerful
    computers are deployed.
    Having said this, you can type (speak) address in the built-in Google search.

So you need to enter country (state), then town, then street and then
    street number (or intersection). Second time you search you only change
    street (if the town remains the same) or town (if country remains the
    same and town changes).
    At the end of the search you select what you want to do, i.e. Navigate, if you want to start navigating to that address.

When street numbers are available in the map data then you can search for it, for example New York/Manhattan/5th Avenue.
    Unfortunately house numbers are frequently missing in free maps, but are available in TomTom maps.

Free maps are created by volunteers at www.openstreetmaps.org - anybody can join and help to make maps better using their local knowledge.

you can download manual here:
    http://www.mapfactor.com//pn12/

• The suburb of Bilinga couldn't be found
  • Thanks Tomas for explaining that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion