Stopping navigation ends GPX recording
  • I was using Android version 1.2.20.
    I first started gpx recording, then started navigating.
    After some time on my journey, I decided to stop navigation long before having reached my destination.
    The moment I stopped navigation, also the GPX recording was stopped. I saw that only when I reviewed my GPX file file ("Show on map").
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • go to settings/GPS recording and set it to automatic
    this would then record all journeys and stopping navigation should not stop recording
  • But I don't want to record automatically. Normally I don't use both functions at the same time.

By the way, two comments on roundabouts on my journey:
    • In my opinion, we don't need the voice saying there will be a roundabout in 500m, in 200m, and again .... Can I change that in an XML file? Do others agree that it should be deactivated by default?
    • On some roundabouts, the voice tells me to drive straight through instead of taking the second/whatever turn. What is the reason for that?
  • I am in the UK and we want to know when that roundabout is in x meters
    we used to have just exit numbers, but users demanded to say left, or straight, so we changed that - obviously you cannot please all users all the time :-)
  • I see. So, is there a chance for the users to set up the behaviour individually?
  • not at this moment, as far as I know
  • I totally agree with chattiewoman about the way to guide through roundabouts. I have mentioned it before. I can't understand why some users want this difference. Please look at

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged