TCP Command
  • Hi!

I'm looking for documentation on how to use the $nearest_street TCP command, as its not covered in the documentation I've found.

Regards,

John Jore

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • FIND NEAREST ROADS  
    Format:
      $nearest_streets=50.074525,14.409428;10;1000
    Description:
      - finds N streets nearest to given coordinate within distance of X meters
    Protocol version:
      - 2.2.0 or later  
    Availability:
      - tcp/ip
    Parameters:
      - coordinate to find nearest streets to
      - number of streets to return
      - maximum meters from the position to look for streets
    Return values:
      - "street_name_1";snapped_coordinate_1;...;"street_name_N";snapped_coordinate_N
      - snapped coordinate is coordinate on the found street nearest to the given starting point
      - "busy" when the remote device is busy responding to another command  
      - "wrong device" when the communication is performed via unsupported device
      - "error" when an error occurs

we will fix/update it on http://kb.mapfactor.com/kb/Navigator/RemoteCommands
  • hi and thanks for this!

Could you check to see if there are there any other undocumented TCP commands? Like end of sound notification, or resume navigation?

Regards,

John Jore

• Again, thanks, for this, I've added it to my plugin for Centrafuse integration. Works great!

I did however manage to crash PC_Navigator.exe by sending a string like this: "$nearest_streets=0.00000,0.00000;1;10\r\n".

JJ

• Just a follow-up, $nearest_street commands don't appear to be very stable. PC_Navigator.exe (free, 12.3) has crashed more than a few times since I started using this command.

Here's another string that will crash Navigator: $nearest_streets=-33.80346,151.12875;1;50

The GPS location itself is valid, so not sure why it crashes?

Would it be possible to make some changes in the next version to fix the stability issues?

JJ

• Hi John,
    I can confirm the bug - it was caused by memcpy of zero length buffer. You may try fixed version:
    http://download.mapfactor.com/setup_pc_navigator_12_4_3_1_exp140130_6bb4316ea6.exe
    thanks
       Martin
    p.s. this command was originally for search of alternative street names, so that you always had one ...
  • Thanks for quick turnaround. I'll install tonight.

JJ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion