destination:lanes issue
  • there is an issue with the destination. I come from the bottom in this image and have to make a (slight)right turn in direction "Karlruhe Stuttgart". But Mapfactor displays the directions for the middle lane, which goes also to other directions so Mapfactor displays what I have indicated in the image below.
    By the way, the destination display looks pretty cool

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Can you give me please the way ID/coordinates to simplify searching for that particular road/crossing?
    thanks
       Martin
    Edit:
    found it
    | 205823695 | 2158082313 |     446886 | destination:lanes | Reutlingen;Tübingen;Nürtingen|Reutlingen;Tübingen;Nürtingen;München;Kirchheim u. Teck;Karlsruhe;Stuttgart|Karlsruhe;Stuttgart       
  • oh, and I have a question with regards to this....
    How do you expect destination:lanes for a plain vanilla motorway exit with has only destination names for the exiting lane but not for through lanes? For example two through lanes and one exit lane
    i) destination:lanes=||ABC-City
    ii) destinantion:lanes=none|none|ABC city

• OK, in this example the lane assistant works correctly. There are two roads from node 446886 so it is easy to decide which one is through and which one is slight_right (the tag turn:lanes = through|through;slight_right|slight_right)

In this particular case we could use left lane "through" destination info for "blue sign" if you go straight and right lane "slight_right" for sign to turn right. We use the first record where particular direction is found, which is now the center lane. It can be fixed in this example, but I am afraid that it is maybe impossible to split the text in general?? Also the center text is not concatenation of the left+right, and would need context of following exit.
    thanks
       Martin
  • Well, but if you turn slight_right, then it is not good to take the destination names from a lane that is tagged "through;slight_right" and potential have destination names for both; slight_right and through in this case. There is a lane which is tagged "slight_right" only and which has the correct destination names for right turns.
    I would only take the destination names from a lane with more than one destination (here through;slight_right) if no lane exist which goes only in turn direction.
    In this example here, Mapfactor displays the name for every direction (straight, left and right) that can be reached from this point.

I understand that it would be very complicated to find a logic which displays the center lane destination names correctly....in my example it should be only displayed when I go through and shortly thereafter turn slight_right (heading left via the curve in München direction). Following the logic above, it would display the through only lane name, which is correct although not 100% complete.

Just fyi.... Here the google aerial image http://goo.gl/maps/laKL8
    Such roads where lanes split in two directions are quite common in my area
  • FYI "Karlruhe Stuttgart" (the first post) should be fixed now, i.e. you should see correction in Oct 2013 data. [unfortunately probably not much more now :( ...]
  • Oh, thank you! That's really great. I am still thinking how to better tag ways with more than one direction (middle lane in above example) as I understand that is far from being perfect. May I ask what you mean with "unfortunately probably not much more now" ? Not sure I understand
    :(
  • I wanted to try some "micro-routing" in neighborhood of the way with tag lanes info, but October planet will be probably available tonight, so maybe more progress in November data ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion