why does Navigator Free 12 (Windows version) require a product key when started
  • I installed the setup utility 12.0.5 FREE OK.
    I installed PC navigator FREE 12.1.10.1 OK, but when I run it, it asks for a product key. What is the free product key? I couldn't see anything in the help file to explain.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Andrew, you are running commercial version. Go to Start/Programs/Navigator 12/PC Navigator and select Navigator FREE.
    regards
  • Hi Tomas, thanks for the reply - I unchecked Start menu items when I installed the software, however I only have the one EXE - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe" - it sounds to me like I've installed the commercial version, although I didn't see any option in the setup utility to select free or commercial - at what point have I gone wrong do you think?
  • Hi Andrew,
    check the command line of installed version. The program is the same only the parameters (link to atlas_pcn.idc or link to atlas_pcn_free.idc) differ.

In my case it is for FREE version:
    "C:\Program Files\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe" --atlas='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikací\Navigator\12.2\atlas_pcn_free.idc'
    regards
       Martin
  • run it from Start/Programs not by clicking the exe file

• Thanks Martin and tomas - you solved my problem.

In the setup I decided not to have any desktop or start menu shortcut - maybe this should not be an option in the setup?

My shortcut for Windows 7 is
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe" --atlas="C:\ProgramData\Navigator\12.1\atlas_pcn_free.idc"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion