OTIS / HD traffic
  • Just purchased the software and have been very happy so far.

How does the traffic system work? I have enabled OTIS in the menu structure but it currently says "receiving traffic information please wait" but no info is ever received.

In the about section it also says "Infomation not avilable yet" for the OTIS server state and the OTIS subscription.

Thanks,

Jon
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Jon,
    your key has to be registered on server to enable reception of traffic information to your device. OTIS it is something like "TMC over internet", but it can contain more precise information as exact location and current speeds even on roads which are not jammed yet. We are currently reworking server to new protocol. Hopefully it will be soon ready for test. Note, that this will be subscription service.
    regards
      Martin

• Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information, is it possible to have my key registered for the service as it is now? Even the basic information is better than nothing.

Looking forward to the advanced system that you have in the pipeline, more than happy to pay for this.

Thanks,

Jon
  • It has been a few months now so just wondering if there was any updates on the "TMC over the internet" feature?

Thanks

Jon
  • Hi Jon,
    I am sorry - this task is currently paused (but we expect to return to it).
    regards
       Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update. A basic traffic over the internet service was mentioned at one point, is this available until the advanced system is complete?

Jon

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion