latest version hangs at startup on wm6.1
  • Hi,

I installed yesterday the navigator free. I installed it on my device running windows mobile 6.1 with a small map (I took albania) to try.
    When I try to start it, it hangs on the splash screen and blocks there using no CPU, and a little memory (368k). It never does anything else...
    Has it happened to someone else? How to fix/work around the problem?

Thanks for your answers

JP
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Can you check navigator.log.txt? Wasn't there any open dialog, like select language on the background?
    thanks
    Martin
    p.s. would you like to try alpha 11.0 instead?
  • Nothing in the background, as far as I can tell (you're never quite sure with win mobile..)

Log does not seem to say anything special... :
    command line:''
    SYS_HIRES: Not running in highres mode
    Trying to load \Storage Card\Program Files\Pocket Navigator 10 FREE\settings.xml
    \Storage Card\Program Files\Pocket Navigator 10 FREE\settings.xml loaded and initialized
    Settings loaded successfully.
    SYS_DPI: 96,96

I found a link to version alpha 11.0 in another thread. I prefer the splash screen of version 11, but it still hangs. This time, it is using CPU, so I'll give it some time before killing it...

Thanks for your answer and I'll let you know if version 11 ever starts...

JP
  • No, if it doesn't start in 15min, it probably never will...

In the logs, I have logheap.log.txt saying :
    x ... attempt failed
    f ... free memory
    l ... allocate to 'lower' memory
    u ... allocate to 'upper' memory

u 16842752

and navigator.log.txt :

SYS_HIRES: Not running in highres mode
    Trying to load \Storage Card\Program Files\Pocket Navigator 11\settings.xml
    \Storage Card\Program Files\Pocket Navigator 11\settings.xml loaded and initialized
    Settings loaded successfully.
    SYS_DPI: 96,96
    PROFILER: <1> new BarneyApplication() - 0.318 secs
    PROFILER: (TS) BarneyApplication::initBarneyUniverse() START - 1.870 secs
    PROFILER: (TS) BarneyApplication::initBarneyUniverse() splashScreen showed - 2.235 secs

Don't know how much it means to you...

JP
  • Can you try version 11.0.5? We tested it on WM 6.5 and it run normally. The logheap.log.txt is only info about allocated memory (16MB block was used). From the navigator.log.txt I can only see that splashScreen showed and that was it. Isn't your "Storage Card" huge or corrupted? Next step should be localisation - maybe that's the problem (?). Can you change your settings.xml language to "en"?
  • Hi,

I hard-reset my phone, and I installed 11.0.6 today. It is working nicely. I will try it tomorrow to see if it can get me to work ;-)

Thanks for the support.

JP
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion