Mapfactor keeps crashing after start.
  • Hello and sorry for my poor english. I need help, my mapfactor free (latest android version)  keeps crashing after start. It is trying to read maps and crash.
    I am on custom android 11 rom. I have tried to reinstall it, delete all maps and folders from phone storage, change storage to sd card, but still the same. I tried few older versions with the same result. On my old custom rom it was working fine. I have checked log and google the error, but without success.
    Here is my log file. Thanks for every help.

• 9 Comments sorted by
  • please send logs, you can find them in folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/log

• You can find my log on the link in my first post.
    Anyway here you have last few lines with error:

DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  NAVIGATOR start
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  License update start
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  ------------------[ COMPOSER DUMP BEGIN ]------------------
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  -------------------[ COMPOSER DUMP END ]-------------------
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  License update no extra POI
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  License device not passed
    DMP 22/08/07 13:17:04  License update end
    ERR 22/08/07 13:17:04  Exception thrown: C:/jenkins/workspace/ANDROID_NAVIGATOR_ALL/mpfc/navigatorapi/src/Core.cpp (289)
    ERR 22/08/07 13:17:04  Description: mapFactor exception: can't read path to DBS configuration from IDC
  • try to delete file atlas.idc and then start Navigator
  • I have tried, but it crashed again. And after crash file atlas.idc was created again.
  • close Navigator and Clear data in Android settings > application manager > Navigator > Storage - then reboot your phone.

PLEASE TAKE BACKUP FIRST, OTHERWISE YOU COULD LOOSE YOUR FAVOURITES...
    folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/storage

• Nothing helps, my friend.
    As I wrote before, I already tried reinstalling it many times, tried older versions, but still with the same result.
    All other apps are working fine, so I really have no idea, where could be problem...
  • I did not advice to reinstall
  • I know you did not advice it, but I tried it before I wrote to this forum.
  • Two posts above Tomas adviced your to clear data and cache (and take a backup first). You do not write if you already tried that.
    You only go on about how many times you reinstalled Navigator.
    Try the "clear data" first

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion