String not Found (Windows PC version)
  • In navigation setting (8 th) it's the voice "String not Found"?
    User manual doesn't speak about this function.
    Can You help me?
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • do you mean route not found?
    if so, your destination may be in restricted area
    then check your vehicle settings

• 8th item in navigation settings is "Routing points on not closed roads (Snap routing points only on roads that are not closed)" with a checkbox on the right.
    Tuky, which language is set? if you don't see any text there, re-install newest version - maybe that will help.
    If the text is there and voice only complains about a not found string, ignore it.

Regards ...
  • Hello, 
    my version it's 21.3.8 and I use in Italian Language.
    In setting\navigation\ I have 10 voices:
    1) Modalità routing
    2) Tipo veicolo
    3) Mostra pannello
    4) Autozoom
    5) Vista 3D
    6) Navigazione dettagliata
    7) Snap GPS ON
    8) String not found
    9) Mostra i cartelli
    10) Consenti inversione ad U al punto di passaggio.
    The 8 th voice it's in English.

The problem it's that the voice 8 th it's not translate in Italian; but it's only without translation o without function? I have used the software in English language and I don't understend the difference if this option is on or off: can You help me?

ThankYou

• Hi,

it's not "voices" - it's texts. "menu items" or "text items" or "options" would be better.
    If the option is activated (hook in the checkbox) a routing point will be moved to the next usable road - if it is set on a bicycle lane or a blocked road, for example.
    You will not set a routing point on a bicycle lane - this function is important, when you import a route from a gpx file.
    But this function only works with roads that are marked as "blocked" for motor vehicles in the map data - just tested in Frankfurt am Main, lots of pedestrian ways are not marked as blocked, and i can put routing points there. So you better ignore this function.

The "string not found" error comes from a missing string in the italian language file or a field name error in the database. I could reproduce it.

Regards ,,,
  • I tryed to set the english language. Also "string not found" is displayed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion