transferring or exporting routes
  • I would like to create a custom route with Navigator, then email a copy to someone with a iphone (has Navigator) and also someone with a Garmin GPS. How would I do this?
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • So does no one create routes and want to share them with others? Really seems as full featured as this is that it would be possible.
  • Create and save Your route, then simply tap on it and choose share as gpx. This could have been easily found out by exploring MFN by yourself me thinks ...
  • I am using Navigtor Free,(until I can determine this is the app I want to use). I am using it on a Dell Tablet with Win 10 pro.
    After I open a saved route, I see nowhere where I can share. 
    I have spent a fair amount of time just exploring. But hadn't found anything about exporting (sharing) a route.
    Is this possibly only available in the Pro version or in the android version?
  • I couldn't find any intended function to export a route in MFNfree on PC (Win10) and WinCE.
    Only way is to (manually) create a gpx-file from routing_points.xml to be found at users/appdata/roaming/navigator/21.0

Tried converting to gpx via ITNconverter - converting no problem, conerted file doesn't work with iGo (gpx file ist visible at "recorded tracks" but can't be opened).

Regards ...
  • Thank you Roger, I thought there may be a way to do something like that but didn't know how. I will play with that some and see what I can figure out.
    Can you easily verify if the pro windows version can do it? I plan to go Pro if I can get a few of these questions worked out.
  • I don't have the pro version - maybe there is a trial option ...
    When downloaded, I will see - but first I have to set up a Windows PC for that, I'm not playing around with such things on my working machines.

Probably Tomas or some other person from support team can tell about that.

Regards ...
  • there is no sharing in PC Navigator, you can copy file routing_points.xml
  • Have some time and working on this again.
    Where would I find the
    routing_points.xml
    file?
    did a search on my computer and it brought up a few. None seem to be the one for MFN.
    I thought it would be in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator21\PC_Navigator
    but no joy
  • c:\Users\"USER"\AppData\Roaming\Navigator\xx.x\routing_points.xml
  • Here it is under
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Navigator\x.y

In file explorer settings-View you have to allow show hidden folders and files

Uli

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion