Nonsense route alternative
  • Coming home yesterday from a 80km+ trip I found this routing directions on the last kilometers (on Leipziger Straße around 142 in Chemnitz approx 3to4 km to go to target):

It is a deviation to a very nearby parallel road for about 200 m and than back to the main road.

So I checked today, what may be the reason and I found, that the alternative I had choosen creates the deviation.

I find, that this alternative is not a real choice which makes any sense whatsoever.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • I have this now quite regurlaly.

When the direction is just straight, Navigator directs me through (!) a gas station on the right and the left (!!!) side of the road and back to the onward road. If I turn small local roads off, Navigator remains on the road. But I regularly have to use small local roads, because otherwise Navigator calculates substantial detours.
  • Maybe it's the standard profile for your vehicle.
    Have you ever tried to change the profile?
    @chattiewoman has created a proper profile in another forum. Perhaps a similar setting will help you.

see here: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/mapfactor-navigation.1846/app-einstellung.876361.html#post-11078708
  • I will give that a try, but nevertheless find, that Navigator should not guide that way.
  • I (like to) use "small local roads" as well and this problem I (temporarily) solve by setting speed on them on very low value (22 km/h and 9 km/h in urban areas). l leave all preference settings on 50, other speed settings (especially in urban areas) lower than standard, but not that much. Works good for me, with occasional adventures on narrow roads :-).
  • Isn't the speed setting only used for calculating the route's duration...?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion