Ferry phobia?
  • Don't mapfactor know the most commonly used ferry route in Denmark?
    Try to make a route from “Rødbyhavn” in Denmark to “Puttgarden” in Germany. There is a ferry route in between but Mapfactor do not want to use it?
    It’s the same with the ferry between “Gedser” in Denmark to “Rostock” in Germany.
    The issue is also the same at “Helsingør” in Denmark and “Helsingborg” in Sweden (Mapfactor have somehow misspelled “Helsingør” and spelled it as “Elsingore”) 

Can someone please help here?

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • hi Terp
    as far as I know, ferries are not used at all at this moment with OSM data, only in commercial version

if you type in Helsingør in openstreetmaps.org, you get
    Town Elsinore, Helsingør Kommune, Denmark
    so I assume you ment Elsinore and not Elsingore

if it is incorrect, please login to openstreetmaps and correct it

• At first:
    The Ferry is in the OpenStreetMape-database. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.5155334472656&lon=11.2582397460938&zoom=10
    second:
    In menu settings-profile-car (I use german version and hope this is the right translation) there is a possibility to edit the streets etc. you want to use. Scroll down and you'll find a ferry. It should be green. And you should have installed Danmark and Germany North-maps ;) At the moment I can't check, because I have no Danmark-map on my smartphone.
  • FERRY SERVICE IS MARKED AS GREEN. I GOT ALL THE GERMAN MAPS AND DK BUT IT WILL STILL NOT USE THE FERRY ROUTE.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS :)
  • sorry, most ferries between different countries are not integrated - only some within the country. It was not on the priority list high enough :(
    regards
       Martin
  • when will it come?
  • ask Tomas ;). First we have to finish the android version ...
  • The problem is not the ferry line, it exists. Try to start navigating from the point where you leave the ferry (lets say 10 - 20 m from the ferry itself) and use the B 207 road 1 km from the ferry as your goal.
    Then it will take the ferry (Puttgarden - Rödby), and then go all the way to Tårs, take another ferry, via Rudköbing - Odense - Frederika - Flensburg - Kiel and finally B207 on Fehmarn, about 1 km from the ferry.  A roundtrip of about 478 km...
    So... The harbour itself is isolated from the rest of Germany.
  • The issue stems from the fact that MFN handles oneway=alternating as oneway=yes.

The last two road sections in front of the ferry terminal of Puttgarden are tagged as oneway=alternating. Since MFN treats these sections as oneway=yes (here from south to north), passing from north to south is not possible. Rödby -> ferry -> Fehmarn does not work, Fehmarn -> ferry -> Rödby works.

OSM Wiki: oneway=alternating: Routing engines are encouraged to just route over this type of oneway independent of direction ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion