Roadsegment cannot be reached in truckmodus
  • The segment of the Schoenaker (Beuningen, Netherlands) between crossings with Ficarystraat and Elsenpas can be reached in automodus but not in truckmodus.
    This is a bug, the whole Schoenaker road is perfectly suited for heavy traffic.

As I'm new here, did I post this problem here correctly?
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • I guess you mean this segment: https://www.openstreetmap.org/?map=17/51.84581/5.75343#map=16/51.8428/5.7422&layers=C

Why do you think it is? I can't find anything that suggests that you can't use it in truck mode.
  • indeed, this is the segment with the problem.

When choosing a destination point halfway this segment, In automodus a route is found. When you change to truckmodus (or start with truckmodes) MapFactor gives the message:
    No route is found. One of the route points cannot be reached by the chosen vehicle.

Also, selecting a starting point just before the segment and a destination just after the segemt, in automodus the segment is used and the route is 4,5 km. In truckmodes the segment is avoided and a route of 16 km is choosen by the app.
  • you can click on the link, select 'pencil' and see if truck is allowed
  • Hi tomas,
    You mean the link of hvdwolf's reaction? If I click on that link I get the roadsegment but I don't know how to select 'pencil'.
    Can you explain or advise me some documentation I should read to get properties of roadsegments in OSV.
  • oncee you clik on the map, meu appears - pencil is in the menu
  • Tomas means inside Navigator. If you click on a road segment you get the menu bar on the right with the pencil "Wijzig ..".

The strange thing is though that I get the "dangerous materials" and "no trucks" with red signs: on all roads I tried so far. All roads do alllow truck traffic apart from that Schoenaker section. I begin to believe it is a Navigator bug. 
  • please enable Local roads of high importance
  • I'm afraid I still don't understand. I use Mapfactor GPS navigation on a windows phone and on a windows PC.
    In both cases clicking on a road segment gives no menu on the right, but two icons, one with info on the clicking point and another with the possibility to make this point a starting, destination or route point,

Why do you suspect it is a navigator bug and not an error in Openstreetmaps?
  • I thought you were using the android version.

I think it is a navigator bug as I examined the specific road section in OSMand and it doesn't have any tags leading to the truck blockage.
    And secondly: the same tags in navigator are valid for 99% of the roads. I don't know anymore how to interpet the navigator info, but just because of that I think it is a bug.
  • Local roads of high importance are switched off in truck by default
    it is to keep trucks on main roads

FYI there is no problem with TomTom maps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion