TomTom Maps and Street Numbers
  • Hi all,

I have just installed Mapfactor and purchased the European Tomtom maps but the search function just lets me input Country/postcode. The street search function takes me straight to the postcode search and there is obviously no way to add numbers either.

Is it something simple or am I just asking too much from the software?

Thanks in advance...
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • street numbers are displayed once you find street, not before
  • Ι got it...

If on 'City/Region/Postcode' I insert the postcode then it takes me straight to the Navigation mode, without being able to see the road or choose the number.

However, if I put the city's name I can then select street and number.

A bit strange because having the postcode in hand should make navigation easier, but if I can't insert the number, then postcode search is a bit useless when the road is really long! 
  • you probaly mean UK postcodes - these are not linked to house numbers, these are sourced from Ordnance Survey
  • You are right. I tried searching another country with the postcode and then the street/number was an option. It's just the UK it is not!
  • I do not think you need it in the UK - unlike on continent, UK postcodes are more precise and adequate for destination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion