Inserting Icon with TCP/IP, Receiving Coordinates via TCP/IP, Removing OSM Welcome Screen
  • Hy,
    first of all: I am from Austria, so I'm sorry for any mistakes I might make.

Navigator 11 is a great piece of software and it's even better because there is a free version of it.

Now I am writing on a programm for a CarPC and want to use Navigator 11 as the navigation system. Therefor I need to communicate via TCP/IP. But I have 3 questions:

1) I tried to insert an icon to the map with the TCP/IP command but it said it won't work with my license. Is this because I am using Navigator 11 FREE and will it disappear if I buy the commercial version?

2) Is it possible to submit coordinates to Navigator 11 FREE via TCP/IP? So I do not use a GPS receiver, but say something like "$set_position:*coordinates*"?

3) I am really aware of alle the effort and hard work that has gone into OSM and I looking forward to improve the cards in my area and whereever else I may be going as soon as my project is finished. But as soon as I open Navigator 11 FREE, there appears a message describing what OSM is and what it does and so on. No problem with that, but as the message (as the main menu) seems to be opened on a "layer above the map" (I don't know how to describe it in another way) I am not able to include it into my surface properly. But to work with it I need to move it around and include it. If I click the button on the "OSM message" before including it, everything works great! But if I forget to do it, Navigator disappears instead of being included (just disappears, no error message and so on; process is stopped) or appears behind the OSM message when moving it around.
    So: Is there a way to remove the OSM message at the start?

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
    Bernie
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Bernie,
    ad 1) "dynamic icons" over TCP/IP are limited by the license. You would need special key. See comments in
    http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/91/getting-license-error-when-try-to-use-icon_new-remote-tcpip-commands#Item_3

ad 2) You can submit coordinates to navigator - do you mean as a source of GPS position? If yes, try command
      $gps_receiving=start
      $gps_receiving=stop

ad 3) At the moment there is no way how to disable the welcome dialog. In commercial version this dialog is missing. A long time ago we discussed that for special keys this dialog could be skipped (something like "do not show again"), but this feature is not implemented yet.
    thanks
      Martin
  • Hy Martin,

thank you for your response.

for 2): I have tried to use $gps_receiving=start and it changes something one the surface and it says it's waiting for a valid gps position, but I don't know how to give him the GPS Position...?

And for the other two things: I think I have to buy Navigator then ;) This was my plan anyway as soon as I've finished my project.

Thanks,

Bernie

• After you send command $gps_receiving=start you can send directly GPS data in NMEA format (i.e. $GPGGA, $GPRMC, ...) which you can get from most GPS devices.

• Hy, i got it to work so far, but I am still having the problem with the "OSM welcome message". As soon as I move the Navigator window via TCP/IP the map does move but the OSM message does not. I am able to use Navigator, but I cannot access the menu since the button only appears as soon as I clicked "OK" in the message.

Is there a way to at least make the message "move with" the Navigator window?

Thanks,

Bernie

• Hi,
    could you use command line parameters for initial positioning your window?
      --window_position=left,top,width,height
    An alternative is to use commercial version (maps) without this message dialog.
    regards
      Martin
  • I've tried the command, but I have to move it while running as the screen can change anytime.

I have already thought about buying it, but the budget for my project is very limited. But I will think about it after finishing and try to find another solution until then.

Thank you anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion