Route Not Found But Navigation Starts
  • This is an annoying bug that could be fixed. If I enter a destination and Navigator doesn't find a route it will start a navigation anyways. After stopping that navigation Navigator is out of order  and needs to be killed.

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • The reason to start anyway is that it could be caused by temporarily wrong GPS position or single unconnected link. Can you try latest 1.2.50+ from http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk which contains many bugfixes?
  • It's the same. It's 100% reproducible. I accept that this will never be fixed.
  • how do you nter destination which Navigator does not find?
  • Just normal. The way doesn't really matter.

First example: Flughafen Kindel. You need Google to find: It's an airport. You can go there but not on the runway.

Second: Mosel-Maare-Radweg in Schalkenmehren

• The flughafen Kindel is not in Kindle it is in Hörselberg-Hainich. If you enter flugplatz str it will find a route, however the streets around the  flughafen (am flughafen) are not named in OSM so unless you pick the street from the map you wont find it in a search. Also some of the streets are not connected. Only way to fix this is to become a member of OSM and edit the maps. I tried to replicate your problem and chose the flughafen as a destination by picking it from the map display. I did get a route not found (there are no streets connected to this short stretch), but navigation did not start so was unable to reproduce your problem.
  • That was not my problem. I just wanted to provide examples.

What device do you use?
  • If I search OVI for airport MFN navigates me just to the helipad of Eisenach hospital :-o OSM tags are aeroway helipad and landuse aeroway.

"Flugplatz Eisenach-Kindel" is not in the list of MSN, but it exists in OSM data as "aerodrome".
  • Without Google you can take Flugplatz Eisenach-Kindel. The bug will be the same. Navigation and then Navigator is like dead.
  • Where to "take flugplatz ..." or to find it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion