Different voices on WinCE
  • Hi
    I've just installed Navigator 12.01 Free on my WinCE PND to replace the TomTom7 that was there previously. Everything seems to be working and thats great.
    I would like to use a different english voice to those in the standard install and saw in a post awhile ago that Mapfactor Lotta could be used. This is present in the choices available in my WinXP pc installation but not in the WinCE one, so I put the 'voices' folder from there into the WinCE installation to replace the existing.
    When I select the language/voice on the PND now, some of the 'extra' choices have disappeared, including Lotta.
    Is this a WinCE problem and is there a fix, please?
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hi. Does anybody know the answer to this, please?
  • Hi HarryB, sound files are the same on all our Navigation software. I do not understand what do you mean by 'extra choices' disappeared, may be you deleted some files?
  • Hi On my pc installation (12.07 ) when I goto menu\settings\application\language and select 'english' the next screen gives me many choices including 'mapfactor Lotta'. This works if selected. If I install pocket navigator to my WinCE device SD card using Mapfactor Installer ( this installs 12.10 ) and then go through the language selection written above, the choice 'mapfactor Lotta' is not present in the list. The only english choice is 'synthesized english'. If I then replace the 'espeak-data' folder in the WinCE SD card with the 'espeak-data' folder in the pc installation, the 'mapfactor Lotta' choice is not present although it was on the pc. The file count and sizes seem the same on both installations, I hope my explanation is clear. Why is this? Thanks for any help.
  • sounds do not go to espeak folder, I think they are where your maps are
  • OK Tomas, I made a wrong guess at the files needed. Thanks.
    I've found 'sounds_en.mca' and
    'sounds_xx_signal.mca' in the pc version, they are not present in the WinCE version. I've added these files and 'mapfactorLotta now appears.

Thanks for your help.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion