Checksum Errors Android App 1.0.48
  • Hi,

Firstly, love your work, have gone to great pains to get the app working on my Samsung GT-S360 but now I'm in.

I cannot download the maps for France or Germany through the app - I get a "bad checksum" error.

I saw a previous post saying DL using the PC version and copy the data from the PC/data folder to Andoid/mapfactor/data.
    I have got UK / Belguim / Italy no problem using the PC download tool, but still get bad checksum for any parts of France or Germany,

Is there an alternative source for the maps? Can I for instance get Planet.osm and just have the whole world?

Kind regards,

Steve
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Steve,
    do you get bad checksum error on Android or PC, or both? Can you check the size of the downloaded files? regards
      Martin

• p.s. Tomas forwarded me your log files - half of them is corrupted (they should be text files - for example downloader_131123_012415.log.txt, or navigator_131124_081117.log.txt), so I believe that it is problem with your SD card, or corrupted file sytem ...
  • Thanks - yes Thomas suggested SD but i got the same problem with another SD.

My phone is fairly basic and has only got a few apps on it so I will try a factory wipe / reset, and use my old (supplied with phone) SD.

Cheers for all your help, I will keep you updated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion