Android Mapfactor and Speed Camera waring sounds
  • I have been trying out the Free version for some time now and am currently using V1.5.22.

With all of the previous versions that I have tried  and now this version, I do not seem to be able to get Audible warnings at all for Speed Cameras.
    I have ticked the Three "Warning" boxes and also have ticked the OverSpeed (10%) for excess speed, but do not get any warning sounds.
    The Camera Icons are shown on the Maps OK.
    The sounds (scoutxxx) are present on the Sd Card and also are in Memory if I move it to the Tablet Memory (Samsung Galaxy running Android 4.2.2.
    Using ALK Co Pilot their sounds work so seems to be a MapFactor problem.
    Can anybody out there hep me?
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • The first issue is SpeedCamera and warning sound - wav files, the second Overspeed warning.

Download cameraspeed and cameralight and check files from warningsounds folder.
    Overspeed warning works only with speed restriction tags added to roads - You can add this data on 

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

(edit)
    Settings - Camera - cameraspeed
    Settings - Camera - warn at...
  • Yes, the .wav files are present in the Folder warning sounds,  (100/500/1000)
  • One more thing.
    I get the cameraspeed files from SCDB.

Which version should I be using for the Android Mapfactor.
    I have the PC version on my Tablet V14 where I was told to use navigator 11, 12 one for V14
    The options from the SCDB site are Navigator 8,9,10 or Navigator 11,12 (in Zip)
  • At the beginning try install SpeedCameras files from mapfactor (at the bottom of the map list), files cameraspeed.mca and cameralight.mca (folder data).
    Klik at settings/camera/cameraspeed...
    and test it in simulate route.

If it works, uncheck cameraspeed and klick on Your file from SCDB.
    If sth is wrong, try download file from SCDB, but for Garmin (scv), and convert it to mca.
  • Hi folks,

qq on the Overspeed warning - I've played around with the settings but I can't set it up in this way ->> I'd like to see the Maxspeed sign but I do not want to hear any sounds in case I start speeding. Is it possible?

If I turn off the speed warning threshold I do not see the Maxspeed sign and if I turn it on I always hear a sound in case I'm over the speed limit

Thank you
  • Change wav file or delete it.
    I think it is 'scout_default' in warningsounds folder.
  • Thanks, this could work -- but is this not gonna affect any other "warnings"? Maybe something else uses this file as well. I'll rename it for now but I think a more elegant solution could be implemented for this as I can imagine that it irritates more people as well :)

Thanks again
  • hi , i get the overspeed warning sound , but can't see a visual indication ?

have i got to change a setting ?

Cheers
  • ... difficult... check update.
    Maybe it is speed camera warning sound?

I have my own wav files for cameraspeed and as far as I remember the only wav 'beep' is connected only with overspeed warning. 
  • I seem to have lost any sound associated to being overspeed ,speed indicator is there,
    Warning is set to exact speed but i no longer hear anything , any ideas ?

the sound file used is "scout_default" i presume , if i wanted to use my own .wav file how would i do this ?

thanks
  • 'scout_default.wav' file should be in warningsounds folder.
    Put there Your own wav file and rename it, that is all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion