TomTom file format not supported?
  • Hi Tomas (or anyone else who knows :)

NAV v1.5.22 (free), Android v4.4.2 (KitKat)

To clarify, these are the TomTom maps purchased about 4 years ago from Map Factor. 

I've copied all from old Android (where they worked well) to Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data in my new phone, so for instance I see austria_ta.mca present - but if I click on it, a dialog "file format not supported" is displayed.

Anyway, when trying to display purchased maps on the Map, all I see is the country outlines - no map data. So I go to Map Manager and it figures I have no TomTom maps and wants me to repurchase. I thought those I bought (albiet about 4 years ago) were free for life!

So my question: Are my files really not supported, or do I need to do something different? and if no longer supported, am I entitled to free updates?

Thanks for any help
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • four years ago we did not have Android version, so maps from your PC would not be compatible
    regards
  • Thanks Tomas, but hang about. I did say "about 4 years ago". OK it may have been 3 - or even two (you could even check your sales records I guess). 

That's actually irrelevant, as, as I stated, the TomTom maps I bought worked well with my Galaxy S1 (and still do, in fact).

So, do you have a solution for me please?

Thanks again
  • OK, got a purchase date for you ... Feb 15 2013 (or maybe a day or two prior). A little over 2 years ago. My, how time flies!
  • go to settings and click Send logs
    please type your order ID
  • Ok Tomas, log file sent, along with notes.
    Hope you can solve for me :)
    Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion