offline mode
  • Hi

I've installed Navigator Free on my Samsung i8000 (Windows Mobile) by .cab file.
    It works fine but sometimes (1 time per day) application connects to internet.
    And when I don't have access to internet, navigator doesn't work (allways trying to connect to internet).

I was trying to turn off automatic updates, but I didn't find it in settings on application. I was looking on the internet about offline mode but I didn't find nothing interesting. 
    I thought that Navigator Free is a offline application, but I realized that (in my case) it need internet connection.
    How can I use this program without internet connection? Should I pay for product key?
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • turn off map updates check in settings.
  • automatic updates are not included in windows versions and I am not aware of any automatic connection
    may be you set tracking or messaging on?
  • I think I turned off everything in settings but Navigator still connects to internet.
    Since I blocked internet access (in GSM operator) my mobile is always trying to reconnect in 5 minutes period.
  • what makes you think it is Navigator?
  • because my mobile is trying to connect to internet only when Navigator is working
  • then you set something in Navigator, which is trying to connect, messaging, or tracking...
    close Navigator and delete file settings.xml (take backup first)
  • I decided to reinstall Navigator and to delete other programs, but probably I removed some important file, because GPS-receiver can't find any satellite (in Navigator and other programs which worked before)
    I think I should reinstall whole Windows on my mobile, it'll take some time, but I hope it'll fix my problem.

Tomas, thank you for your quick responses
  • you probably need to install driver for your GPS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged