Import of custom POI file causes crash
  • I have successfully created a MCA file using Digger with one POI from a CSV file which I then could also use in Navigator.
    Creating a MCA file with multiple POIs from a csv file does also work in digger but as soon as I try to search in my POIs using Navigator on my Android device it simply causes a force close of Navigator.

Any idea what could possibly be wrong? Would it be useful to upload my MCA file so that someone could check it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • source file must be UTF-8 encoded
    please check that
  • You mean the source file before digger so the CSV file, right? I have checked this and when I tried using a non UTF8 file digger simply did not create any output.

As the MCA file is a binary file I cannot check the encoding of this file.
  • First try I was using digger version 12.1.5. Now I have used version 11_0_47 with same CSV file as before. 
    I got a MCA file which does not crash Navigator but also does not show any POIs. 
    :-??
  • you must tick 'map' during import
  • Not sure what you mean with import.

In Navigator I simply goto "Search" -> "POI" -> "Search imports" and select my import. There is no option "map" which I could tick.

Meanwhile I managed to create a working MCA file. I took my source information which is a KML from Google Maps. Converted it using PoiEdit to TomTom format OV2 and used Digger to create a MCA file from this.

This fileis working. So somehow Digger seems to be messing it up which creating from CSV files.
  • Most of the time when it crashes during search, it is due to incorrect characters in the mca.
    See also thread http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/6086/a-tutorial-on-poi

• I suspect something like this. Is there any way to check which chars are not valid for an MCA file?

Thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion