Basic questions
  • Just installed the free version and I have been able to download the maps, and I think its working but I have some basic questions.

1. When I tap navigate the map comes up but the direction to travel seems to be downward on the display. One time it was upwards, which is the way it should be I assume, but I don't know how to get it to stay that way.

2.  When I select Simulate Route from the tools the map comes up but nothing happens. Is it supposed to run through the route as if you were actually traveling? I did notice something extra this time: A little green Android guy at the bottom with a red bar.  I tapped or swiped him and he zoomed to the other side but nothing else happened.  Tapping or swiping again and he returns to the original side.  Dragging the red bar makes it longer and I think it changes the scale of the map but doesn't do anything else.

3.  In Advanced settings I tried to calibrate the compass and twisted and turned my device (a Sammy Tab Pro 10.1 tablet) and seemed to get some distance on the progress bar but it never seems to complete.  Is there something else I need to do.

It seems like a good app but until I can figure out the above I don't know if it will work out for me.

Thanks,

Gerry

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Sorry, having problems posting.  Didn't work with IE 11 but did with Firefox.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion