Cannot find correct city when searching for an address
  • I'm using the Android version with the OSM maps. I live in Kingston, Ontario and the map has no trouble pulling up the city and all the streets are correct.
    BUT when I search for a street nothing works. Here's what I do.
    1. Open program.
    2. Select Navigator Free for OSM maps.
    3. Press Search
    4. Select my country -> Canada

Here's where things get shifty. In the next box where it says  (City/Region/Postcode) I type Kingston cause that's my city. I would like to specify the province, but Ontario doesn't show up.

I get two options, Kingston(...) and Kingston Mills. Naturally I select Kingston, which brings me to Kingston or Kingston - Kings County.
    Both of those results are in Nova Scotia or beyond, two provinces away.

How can I get search results from not only the correct city, but the correct province?
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • it looks like problem with OSM data
    you could use the built-in Google search if connected
  • The OSM works fine, my city is fully mapped and supported, but the application doesn't seem to find it. I would use the built in Google search, but I'm using Navigator because of its Offline capabilities and I cannot go online where I need to use it.
  • I tried the same and it works fine for me. I get the exact same search results as you do, but when I select Kingston I do get Kingston in Ontario.
    It is not an error in OSM (I checked OSM and another app) and for me it is not an error either in MapFactor.

• I apologise, it isnot problem with OSM data, Kingston Ontario is in Navigator and can be found as hvdwolf describes
  • So the error is with my copy only? That's bizarre. Since there doesn't seem to be a solution I guess I'll have to try other applications.
  • may be you are doing something incorrectly? it is better to email support and send screenshots
  • I checked the languages in OSM to see if it could be related to you locale setting, but only Kingston and Kingston:DE are given for Kingston, Ontario and only Kingston for Kingston, Nova Scotia.
    I'm using mapfactor navigator 1.2.50 with the Canada map 44-201406280 (latest).
  • once i click on Kingston (...), I get Kingston and Kingston (Kings County) - first one is in Ontario, second in Nova Scotia

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion