Maps suddenly missing
  • version: Mapfactor navigator Free 1.2.25 for Android.
    Today MapFactor started, mentions that I had an upgrade to Android 4.4 (not true, still at 4.2.2. There is not even an upload available) and all my maps are "missing" (no maps installed. download now?).
    The navigator map on my SD-card is still there with all maps, etc. in there.
    I also have a tmp map with a torrent folder in there. I can't remember to have selected torrents as download option.
    Other applications accessing the SD-card still work fine.

Currently I can only download "initial" maps or cancel the program.

Can I solve this in a simple way?
    Or should I clean everything and download everything again (which requires bandwidth and a lot of time).

Edit: I searched the forum but only after my own post I found this other post about "cannot download map of Austria".
    This is where my issue started. Last night I tried to update my maps (Austria and
    another one) and it failed on Austria. This morning I started Navigator Free to try again and ran into the other problems.
    So I downloaded that version 1.2.35 but the issue remains.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • The fifth post by MDX in this thread "no folders on android 4.2.2" is the real issue I think. But I definitely didn't do a clean install. I assume MNF was upgraded in the background and "assumed" it was a clean install.
    It did install the data to /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator

But even more: It now installed to internal memory instead of external SD-card. I absolutely did not specify that!
    So I moved the /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator to my External SDcard.
    I made sure that the /com.mapfactor.navigator was no longer on my internal memory.
    I renamed the /navigator folder on my SDcard to /navigator.org and moved the maps in the data folder to /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data (on my SDcard). I also moved my favourites.xml
    I rebooted my phone, and now MNF finds my maps again and my favourites.

My issue is solved, but I think MNF definitely needs some fixes as this was absolutely not a smooth upgrade.

Further details:
    Phone: Wolfgang AT-AS40D2
    Android version: 4.2.2, kernel 3.4.5
    External memory (sdcard): /storage/sdcard0
    Internal memory: /storage/sdcard1
    Standard ROM, no rooting.

• Did you do an update over the existing installation or a new clean installation?

If clean then the following may possibly apply to you:

http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/4345/no-folders-on-android-4-2-2

Uli

Edit: Sorry too late
  • Edit: the post mentions 12:54PM but it is 19:17

And now it did it again!!
    After trying to Download Sweden.
    I rebooted my phone.
    Again removed the /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator folder from internal memory and started Navigator Free.
    Fortunately it found everything again, but this is really buggy.
  • Sorry for posting twice but the post above mentions 12:54PM but it is 19:21

And now it did it again!!
    After trying to Download Sweden.
    I rebooted my phone.
    Again removed the /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator folder from internal memory and started Navigator Free.
    Fortunately it found everything again, but this is really buggy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged