Locking up phone in Navigation Mode
  • App used to work great. Now everything seems to work except when I pick a POI and "Navigate" to it. The 3d map will pop up, with my current position at the very top of the screen and the map does not update. Alternate views do show the route, but do not update as the vehicle moves. Further manipulation of the app is problematic and ends up with a blank screen or the setting screen and nothing works. Banner is still at top of screen and I can scroll it down, select the app and Force Close it. Only way to get any further. Just starting the app, setting the POI as my Destination and using the top down map view works fine. Seems the problem only shows when I select "Navigate".
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • I think, support needs further information about your phone (android-version or so) and your mapfactor-version to be able to help.
  • OK. Phone is an LG VS930 Spectrum 2. Android version 4.1.2 .  Navigator version 1.0.62.

The problem now seems to be intermittent. Just now, while checking the version, I went ahead and selected a place and selected navigate and it seemed to work fine. Although I am sitting here at my PC and not driving... Will try it again later today on a trip to town and report back.
  • We seem to have similar freezes on our Samsung S3 running version 4.3 - but a few other problems have surfaced with this new version of Android so it may not be a Mapfactor problem!

Andrew

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion