Problem with starting a Navigation - Android
  • Hi all!
    I hope somebody will be able to help me out. Here is the problem with some details:
    - Navigator Version 1.0.62 on Android (Nexus 5)
    - Android Version: 4.4.2
    - I have a few destinations saved under favorites, but can't navigate to them most of the time (sometimes it works).
    - Here is what I do: Main Menu > My Places > click on one of them > select "Navigate".
    - It says "calculating" or something for a fraction of a second, then switches to the 3D map as if it is navigating.
    - but there is no route highlighted, time to destination shows "--", time to maneuvre shows 00:00:00.
    - When I go back to the main menu, the top right says "Stop Navigation", so it appears to think it is in navigation mode.

What am I doing wrong here?
    Thanks a lot for any help on this!
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • I have come accross this before - favourite you are trying to navigate to is at the same place where you currently are
    you can check by selecting Show on map
  • Thanks Tomas for your response.

This does not seem to be my problem, as the favorites do show in their correct location, and navigator does not indicate that the destination was reached - it's still in "navigate" mode.

Do the developers sometimes come on here and check messages, or am better off sending them a separate email?
    This issue makes the app useless for me at the moment. When I go on a trip, I'd like to be able to save key destinations to my favorites, and then navigate to them as needed.

Thanks again for any help!
  • One more clue here: I just turned on the voice guidance (had it turned off because), and now whenever I want to navigate to the destination it says: "Recalculating. Route not found." in addition to the above symptoms.
  • "Route not found" appears when your waypoint is not on/near a street or the data in OSM are wrong so that it could never be reached.
    Just as a test, you could switch to the map (not in navigation mode), select a (part of a) road in order to make it your new favourite to navigate from/to.

• Tried that, same problem.
    I can't navigate to any of the POI's stored within the app either right now.
  • is the GPS positions file format (in Settings) set to NMEA or GPX by any chance?
    if so, try to set it to None

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion