POI Search
  • Searching for a POI is hard, if not impossible, unless its local to current location.

As an example POI search, "Current GPS Location" -> "Travel and Accommodation" ->"Railway Station", only stations with the local area are shown(10-12km?)

If I need to navigate to a train station further away, I first need to move the map around to cover that area, and then do another POI search. Less than optimal and not great when driving. And if I have no idea where the station is to scroll the map, I have no hope in navigating to it.

Would it be possible to add free text search for POIs for Navigator Free for Windows ?

JJ

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • instead of choosing Current GPS position, select by address or name

• :-)  Can't believe i missed that in the menus  :-)

Thanks!

JJ

• Search -> OVI -> Search for a a street OR NAME -> Type -> Traveling -> Railway Station

This opens a list that reveals that the central station in Berlin is called "Berlin Hbf" and not f.e. "Haupbahnhof". After having selected, "Berlin Hbf" shows up in the "street"- field (althouogh postal adress would be "Europaplatz" and although search for a street named "Berlin Hbf" would not work outside OVI)

I still got my train, next time I'll be a bit relaxter, though.
    discription is for tomtom, I'm not sure about OSM
  • In OSM Maps it lists "Berlin Hauptbahnhof, DB" as header and as text the phone number of the station and the url  http://www.bahnhof.de/#station/17620, what is indeed the correct url for that station.

But MF does not find a route to this OVI, when set as target, since the target itself is located on rails. You have to tap/select a new target manually on the map near the station and than it works ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged