How to download Cuba maps (no wi-fi access)
  • Hello all!
       I would like to use MapFactor Navigator free, but I have a problem: I live in Cuba and I don't have any wi-fi network available near by; besides, our cell network provider doesn't support 3G or data transfer so far. Is there any means to download Cuba maps to a PC and then transfer those maps to the device?
      Any idea or suggestion will be most wellcomed.
    Thanks!

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • pc version is here:
    http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/
    maps are the same for PC and Android version, you will need to copy them to navigator/data folder on your phone
  • Really? That easy!?
    Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try.

• Well, I guess the server from where I am suppossed to download the maps closes the connection due to my slow speed. I get "Connection Closed" message all the time...
    Too bad!
  • try in the morning, it is less busy
  • I'll do...thanks again.
  • Well, I finally managed to download the cuba_osm.mca map, but then the utility tries to download earth_osm.mca which is too big for me to download. After almost 15 minutes, I get the message "Connection Closed". Downloading 70Mb for me is only possible using a download manager, but this is not the case. Of course, I tried copying the file cuba_osm.mca to the folder sdcard/navigator/data on the phone; with no success. So, the question is: Is it possible to use Navigator without this big file? Is this file (earth_osm.mca) available anywhere in any public ftp server or mediafire?
    Please, let me know...any help will be welcomed.
    Thanks for your attention!

• Well, I finally managed to make Navigator work. I don't know if this is technically or legally correct; but I just made a copy of the file cuba_osm.mca and renamed it to earth_osm.mca; copied to sdcard/navigator/data folder and it worked! Of course, there are no country limits with the sea; but it surely works. I am happy I can finally work with navigator. BTW, it is excelent!
    I thought I had to post this just in case someone faces the same issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion