Interruption of navigation
  • Hello,
    I created a route with intermediate stops in different towns, where I'm going to stop for some hours. During this stops I would like to stop the Navigator App to save battery.
    How do I have to proceed to guarantee that after starting the Navigator App again, the navigation continues the route at the actual stop, without returning to the previous intermediate stops?

Thanks!
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • I have essentially the same question: How does one "pick up" a route, after having stopped navigation, from the location one is currently at (which is on the calculated route, but not necessarily a waypoint)?

(Navigator 7.2.23 Free w/ OSM maps, on Android 12)

BTW, since this is my first post: From what I have seen so far, Navigator seems to be a great piece of SW - and thanks for providing a free version of it!

• OK, maybe answering my own question:

What one can probably do, after stopping/pausing navigation somewhere on a route is, to edit the route, delete the starting point & all waypoints already passed, set the current position as the new starting point, re-calculate the route, and go from there.

That way of doing it can surely not be called 'elegant,' but probably 'practical.'

Having said that, I still don't quite get why the SW can't figure out all by itself, that I am at a certain point on a route, and (re-) start navigating from there. But, maybe I'm missing something, I usually do.

• I also do what QuRace does in order to pick a route after Stopping Navigation but is there not an easier way?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion