Add additional waypoints
  • Hi,
    I often navigate with pre prepared waypoint lists. Normally 30 to 40 waypoints for a motorbike tour. When I have to add an additional point, may be one additional POI (gas station or so), this point will ever added at the end of the list an I have to move the point manually to the actual position in the list.
    My request is to get an option to put this new point before the next not finished point in list.
    This would be a very helpful feature.
    TIA
      Dirk
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • may be optimise will do it?
  • It depends on the route itself and on vehicle settings. And if You plan a round-trip, optimize will guide You straight to hell :))
  • 2highlander is right. I never had a acceptable situation where the optimize function worked like I would sort the points.
  • Hi,
    I had never seen this topic which is very interesting and setting it up in Navigator shouldn't be very difficult I think.
    ;)

• Hi,
    MaxDonys solution would be the best, but more complex then my wish.
    I think a lite solution could be:
    1. add the new waypoint to the beginning of the list / route, because when you have visited points, they will not be calculated. This will solve the most situations.
    2. add a new entry in the context menue: "move to the top of the list" and perhaps "move to the buttom of the list".
    This two suggestions could be very easy to realize.
    cu
      Dirk
  • My solution is not complicated to achieve in coding.
    A simple distance calculation loop between the NewWPT and each point in the list directly returns the correct position.
    Another idea to simplify, the position would be, once the Wpt is in the list, "cut" and select another point and "paste below"
    ;)
  • Hi,
    I reflected on the calculation of the position of the NewWPT and I noticed an error.
    Calculating position by distances is a mistake in some cases.
    So, to sum up, the easiest solution is to "cut" and "paste below" ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged