MFN incorrectly treats OSM tag oneway=alternating as oneway=yes
  • MFN still incorrectly handles OSM tag oneway=alternating as oneway=yes. This can lead to serious routing errors:

In the opposite direction it is OK:

In the opposite direction it is OK:

OSM Wiki: oneway=alternating: Routing engines are encouraged to just route over this type of oneway independent of direction ...

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway=alternating

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • oneway independent of direction?
    sorry, but that is not oneway
  • Oneway = alternating is what is sometimes called a convoy system. A bunch of vehicles are allowed one way, then another bunch the other way. This might apply over a narrow bridge, or through roadworks.
    For routing purposes, ignore it being oneway as traffic can flow both ways.
  • yes, I know what it supposed to mean, but it is not oneway
    in Egnlish is is called single file traffic - that is not oneway, it is two way, possibly with some delay
  • Tomas, the point is that Navigator is handling the OSM tag oneway=alternating incorrectly, as you can easily see on the screenshots above!
  • yes, it probably is, but it is illogical attribute
    it should not be marked oneway, if you can drive both ways
    is any other mapping company using such attribute?
  • Discussing the OSM tag name is nonsense. The tag is correctly set in OSM and handled incorrectly in Navigator.

Since Navigator cannot handle at which time which direction is allowed, Navigator must handle it like onway = no. Still not 100% correct, but better than now.
  • there are no times attached to alternative oneway tags, so it does not matter if Navigator can handle it (from memory I think something was done about it some time ago)

but I happen to agree with you, it really is not oneway and should not be treated as such
    hopefully it will be corrected in the next map releases
  • MFN still incorrectly handles OSM tag oneway=alternating as oneway=yes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion