Maps not appearing on nav unit
  • Downloaded Navigator 18 and maps to SD card for car navigation unit. Cannot search for gps. Maps not showing on startup. Cannot set a destination. Please help 
  • 24 Comments sorted by
  • Could you please advise what this means. Does it mean no maps installed

COMPOSER DUMP BEGIN
    import_cameralight              : data version=1002, data creation=201807040, vendor id=255, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\cameralight.mca\'
    import_cameraspeed              : data version=1002, data creation=201807040, vendor id=255, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\cameraspeed.mca\'
      COMPOSER DUMP END
  • it seems that you have cameras only, not map files
  • Thanks Tomas. In the program files there are files for Australia, New Zealand and Earth all with "osm,mca".
    Could you tell me why they do not show.
  • no, I cannot tell you wiyhout having more info
    please email log tos upport
  • Have emailed log to support. Cheers Tomas.
  • Hi all, was the problem resolved? I have the same problem. Everything is installed, the files are in my SD card folder, however my car nav unit can not find the maps (only speed cameras data occurred in the application). Moreover a several composer data duplicity warnings appeared in log files

!!!COMPOSER WARNING DATA DUPLICITY!!!
    czech_republic_osm              : data version=44, data creation=201811280, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\mapfactor\DATA\czech_republic_osm.mca\', name=Czech Republic OSM
    czech_republic_osm              : data version=44, data creation=201811280, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\mapfactor\data\czech_republic_osm.mca\', name=Czech Republic OSM

However, there are no duplicated files in the installation folder.
  • it seems you have two data folders one of them is named DATA which some computers/units see it different from lowercase names, delete the uppercase one
  • this could be problem with FAT
    try to reformat SD and then install Navigator and maps
  • shahrokh - I do not have two folders (that is not possible in Win systems). I also have discovered that one is lowecase and one is uppercase in the log file. My original folder is "data" and I have tried to change it to "DATA", but (as expected) no success 
  • OK tomas, I will try
  • I have tried to format my SD, but nothing has changed. There are still warning in log files and I still can not see any map in the app

czech_republic_osm              : data version=44, data creation=201811280, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\DATA\czech_republic_osm.mca\', name=Czech Republic OSM
    czech_republic_osm              : data version=44, data creation=201811280, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\data\czech_republic_osm.mca\', name=Czech Republic OSM
    earth_osm                       : data version=44, data creation=201608040, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\DATA\earth_osm.mca\', name=Earth osm
    earth_osm                       : data version=44, data creation=201608040, vendor id=1, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\data\earth_osm.mca\', name=Earth osm
    import_cameralight              : data version=1002, data creation=201807040, vendor id=255, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\DATA\cameralight.mca\', name=cameralight
    import_cameralight              : data version=1002, data creation=201807040, vendor id=255, license id=0, path='\SDMMC\MAPFACTOR\data\cameralight.mca\', name=cameralight
  • I'm not sure if the duplicity warnings are connected with a fact that I can not see maps. There are also warnings for cameralight.mca and cameraspeed.mca files, however, these files were found by the app. Only these files, the app did not found any maps installed.

Any suggestions?
  • I have tested several sd - 8GB, 16 GB . Results was the same
  • I run out of ideas, I tested it on my device and had no problem

• can i try some older version?
  • or is there some definition file which can i edit manually (to correct path etc.)? 
  • Windows CE version will find map data whereever these are, both in internal storage and SD
    in my view, you must have them twice, even if you do not see them - could they be marked as hidden?
  • my car radio does not have an internal storage, there is no other places where maps files could be then on the SD. 

... I have checked, there are not hidden files or folder on the SD card
  • If maps exist twice maybe the deletion of the map folder You can see will help. If they really did exist twice I would expect MFN to grab its maps from the right folder then.
  • ok, I have installed the app on sd without maps, put into car audio slot and ran. After typing a licence key for osm the app has showed a warning that no maps are installed and it has finished. then I have installed czech osm maps on my pc using navigator setup tool to a data folder and copied (I have wanted to try ....) slovak osm maps to mapfactor folder. 

The app worked than correctly and both czech and slovak maps were found, no data duplicity warning occurred.
  • I have forgotten to write, I have copied some files, which I did not find on the SD card, from my PC installation to the SD card. I absolutely do not know if it had any influence or not
  • Finally, I have copied the slovak osm map to "data" folder (where the czech map was already located) and then I have copied other osm map files to the SD card data folder (I have simply copied the mca files in a files commander)

It seems that everything works ok except of natural voices. I also have copied the czech and english voices (mca files) to the data folder, however, still I can find and select the synthetic voices only in the application. It sounds really not nice, but it works (btw., the natural voices works ok in the PC installation)
  • there is a problem with sounds which we hope to fix soon

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion