Navigating Map view
  • Hello- newbie here. Have used PC Nav Ve.16.0.4 for several months on Win7 Pro 64-bit SONY machine. When in 'navigation' mode, and viewing
    2D, I cannot maintain the 'arrow' (showing current location) in CENTER of map route. As the distance traveled increases, the 'map route background'
    does NOT move in the direction of travel, keeping 'arrow' centered. Yes; I have 'checked/enabled' the 'snap' option in 'settings -> navigation'  --- I believe
    that should be the correct 'function' to keep map centered. Also, having used several other GPS mapping softwares previously, I have (possibly wrongly)
    assumed that 'automatic zooming' would occur as a function of speed. So, I have ALSO checked that option in 'settings -> navigation' as well. However,
    'auto-zooming' has NOT seemed to work. Lastly, I have checked the '3D' view in same 'settings -> navigation'; and the 'view' is similar to a cockpit
    but does not adjust as a function of vehicle speed, either. I have read and re-read the manual several times, but can't seem to get this right. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.  e-mail:  rudyrudy1862hot  at  hotmail  dot com.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Follow On to my message just posted:  Is it possible that I should UNCHECK the '3D' functionality in
    'settings -> navigation' ?  And then the map will center (snap option) ?  When I commented above about
    2D & 3D, I should have clarified that IN the main settings, I have ALWAYS used '3D'.  When vehicle is
    moving, I 'click' in lower right map corner and re-set from 2D to 3D -----  I have NOT changed using the
    'main settings' window. Is that an error and causing the problems I mentioned ? Thank you.
  • Auto zooming is not a function of speed (I wish it was) but a function of distance to changes of direction in the route.
    I never use 3d setting only 2d north up, as I hate it when the map swings all over the place, so sorry can't help there.
  • HELLO AGAIN - RE: navigation mode centering:  I don't really care about 'auto-zooming'  ---  MAIN ISSUE
    is maintaining map CENTERING w/arrow [current position] in MIDDLE of map  ---  actual 'background' MAP should move; NOT 'arrow'.

I cannot maintain the 'arrow' (showing current location) in CENTER of
    map route.
    As the distance traveled increases, the 'map route
    background'
    does NOT move in the direction of travel, keeping 'arrow'
    centered. Yes; I have 'checked/enabled' the 'snap' option in 'settings
    -> navigation'  --- I believe
    that should be the correct 'function' to keep map centered.

ORIGINAL POSTING - 10-12-2017

• I suggest you play with the 2nd icon from right on the bottom line, next to the loudspeaker symbol.
    It could be that you are in "route overview mode" where arrow centering is disabled.

It also helps a little bit to read the manual:
    http://www.mapfactor.com//pn15/

English manual page 39/40.
    But it's better described in the German manual page 45/46

Uli

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion