Maps no longer work
  • Hello all,

I have a WIN CE head unit and was using Navigator 16 (free maps) nicely for about 1 month when one time on loading it froze at about 90% of the "load bar".

So I took out the SD card, went back to the setup utility and re-installed the software to it.

I then used the setup utility to re-download the maps and install them to a folder called "data" (all created within the setup utility).

Now, the software loads up on my head unit (after re-entering the free licence key), but no maps.
    (The speed camera info is showing on the "map selection" menu but no maps).

So I went back to the setup utility and created a new folder called "navigator" and installed the re-downloaded maps in to there.
    Back to the car, loaded the software but still no maps.

Back to the setup utility and created a new folder within "navigator" called "data" and then installed the maps into there.
    To the car again, software loads up but yet again no map.

So I thought I'd start from the very beginning again.
    I formatted the SD card, deleted the setup utility and re-downloaded it. Re-installed Navigator 16 (free) into a folder called "navigator" and then installed the newly downloaded maps in to a folder called "data" (all done via the setup utility.

Back to the car for one final time........ sat nav software loads but NO MAPS !!!

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Cheers for any replies.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • please email logs
  • hi tomas,

Before re-installing everything on my SD card I formatted it.
    Would there now be any relevant 'log' file that could be useful?

• not after reformat
  • ok....

would I be right in saying that the maps MUST be in a path called "navigator/data" ?

if that is right then must that be SDcard:/nagivator/data 

?

thanks for any help you can give.
    Cheers.

• android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data

• thanks Tomas.

What would be the file path for WIN CE devices?

The problem I have is with my WIN CE car head-unit.

Cheers.

• anywhere, Navigator will find them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged